Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ev city Gen4 PIP

Nickems

Can someone explain under what circumstances I would use EVCity on my gen4 PHEV and what are the advantages i f any over EVeco ?

Excellent question Nick!.

I have yet to discover the real difference between them. My garage can't explain it any better than the manual (which is not!). It was suggested EVCity was the same as in my RAV4 Hy; but to be honest I've not found any difference that makes sense, so I don't bother with EVCity.

As far as I know, it's about when the ICE kicks in under acceleration. In EV City it will only fire up if you floor the throttle fully to 'kickdown' level. In normal EV mode the threshold is lower, meaning you might trigger the ICE going up a steep hill for example. So if you want to be absolutely sure the ICE will stay dormant other than in an emergency acceleration situation, use EV City. 

At first I thought the throttle response also felt duller in EV City, but I no longer believe that to be the case. I still find the huge difference between throttle response in HV and EV modes to be jarring when making the switch.

Note that the ICE will still fire up when you use the front demist button in EV City mode.

EVCity ECO Mode this morning.

Wouldn't let me engage cruise control CC.

After pressing and pushing and pulling the lever, the car suddenly beeped (I'm told) and went into EV - then activated CC..

As a side note, if the speed recognition is off, the cruise information appears on  the left of the console without a display of the set speed except when first set.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links