Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine motor Oil

Coolissimo

Hi all, 

I am due in a motor oil change, normally I buy my engine oil from the dealership ,  they sell me the Premium Fuel Economy 5W-30 . I was trying to get this oil cheaper at eBay. I found almost the same oil from Toyota the same package, everything looks the same  but does not say premium, but they sell it  half of the Dealership price. My question is should I buy it? does it males much diference ?  Any advice to get it cheaper? I appreciate any answer. By the way it is for an Avensis D4D 2012  2.0 l

Thank you.

Hey,

What are the prices we're discussing here? Taking into account information from other threads, you guys in UK have incredible prices for original parts from dealerships, often cheaper than aftermarket ones.

I would be very concerned about ordering anything for my car from eBay, especially engine oil. I'd encourage to consider what exactly you're saving here. If you save one-time worth of McDonald's visit, is it really worth it if the oil from eBay turns out to be a scam and the engine gets trashed?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Byzii said:

Hey,

you guys in UK have incredible prices for original parts from dealerships, often cheaper than aftermarket ones.

Hi,  

I wish that was true, its quiet the reverse, Toyotas own parts are virtually always the most expensive by a very wide margin,  thats why there is such a strong  aftermarket for parts.

What country are you in ?

38 minutes ago, Coolissimo said:

Hi all, 

I am due in a motor oil change, normally I buy my engine oil from the dealership ,  they sell me the Premium Fuel Economy 5W-30 . I was trying to get this oil cheaper at ebay. I found almost the same oil from Toyota the same package, everything looks the same  but does not say premium, but they sell it  half of the Dealership price. My question is should I buy it? does it males much diference ?  Any advice to get it cheaper? I appreciate any answer. By the way it is for an Avensis D4D 2012  2.0 l

Thank you.

Hi,

If you want to use Toyota Oil then fine, always your choice and while the cars is  under Toyotas warranty probably a wise thing to do.

However I like many others have run Avensis and Corolla to 100K ++ miles on other oils without problems.

There are many well known brands out there like Castrol, Shell, Coma but to name but a few, and all should serve you well, as they have me,  just make sure you get the right grade for your engine,  nearly all the oil companies  have a car /oil type checker on their web sites.  

You may find even the big supermarkets have special offers on some of these big name oil from time to time.

If changing brands, just make sure you do not mix the two oils together.

• Like 1

The Toyota 5w30 FE oil is not suitable for a Diesel with DPF fitted as it does not have the required "C2" specification, your 2012 D4d has a DPF and requires the low saturated ash C2 specification which is part of the Toyota PFE 5w30 Grade

2 hours ago, Byzii said:

Hey,

What are the prices we're discussing here? Taking into account information from other threads, you guys in UK have incredible prices for original parts from dealerships, often cheaper than aftermarket ones.

I would be very concerned about ordering anything for my car from eBay, especially engine oil. I'd encourage to consider what exactly you're saving here. If you save one-time worth of McDonald's visit, is it really worth it if the oil from eBay turns out to be a scam and the engine gets trashed?

Hi Thanks for the answer, well I the Dealer ship was selling me about £47  per 6 liters of Premium engine oil 5w30 , on eBay I found 5 l for £26 but not premium  thou but it says original Toyota , same plastic Container as sold in the Toyota dealer, but a lot cheaper.

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

The Toyota 5w30 FE oil is not suitable for a Diesel with DPF fitted as it does not have the required "C2" specification, your 2012 D4d has a DPF and requires the low saturated ash C2 specification which is part of the Toyota PFE 5w30 Grade

Hi Devon, thanks for the answer,  yes my Avensis has DPF, so basically you are saying I should not use the Fuel Economy oil from Toyota, only the premium?  Any tip to get it cheaper?

As Devon Aygo posted, you need 5W-30 C2 engine oil - the Toyota version is Premium Fuel Economy:s-l1600.jpg

Not (which isn't suitable for the DPF):

s-l1600.jpg

By the way, while we're on the subject of C2 oil:

Is it bad to use the C2 graded oil in an engine without DPF, only with cat? Or is there no harm in doing so?

Last time I had to change the oil, the only available option was A5/B5 (manual states A1/B1 but those aren't available anymore) and it also included C2. I guess it's not bad for the engine since API specs are a lot more broad and if the oil falls under, say, SN, it's good for use, no matter it being A5/B5 with or without C2.

Also could usage of C2 actually be better since the cat can clog up as well?

It can cause no harm at all, infact for simplicity my dealership switched to using 5w30pfe in one of our bulk tanks as it meets all requirements of Toyotas diesel engines & exceeds the requirements of cars that could use 5w30 fe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links