Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eco Fuel saver Chips

Carryduff

Hi, just wondered if anyone has any knowledge of the eco chips widely on sale on the internet for a few pounds. They all claim to save lots of fuel and increase performance. Just simply plug into the ECU.

these (even the genuinely good ones which definitely don't cost only a few pounds) don't usually do much at all on a normally aspirated engine.

• 4 months later...

If it were that easy to increase performance and fuel economy then Toyota would have already programmed the ECU to do this.

The car industry is highly competitive.  All manufacturers are constantly looking at ways to improve engine efficiency and performance - they spend millions in R&D each year to achieve this.  Some Chinese bloke in a shed in Guangzhou is unlikely to have come up with a solution that improves on Toyota's efforts.

Yes I know many chips are not really any good but there is company's that remap and things I'm not sure why the manufacturer don't give full performance maybe it's a reliability thing or emissions some model cars have different performances than others even with the same engine just programed different or different pumps injectors turbos but I personally think these Chinese chips are a waste of money but if it works I would love to know. what car have you got?