Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

avensis T27 Day running light not working (single sided)

andrewysk

Hii,

My avensis D4D T27 2012 Day Running light defective.

when i switch on small light, right bulb not light up, left bulb do light up.  just that i have not yet taken out the bulb for replacement.

but the issue is, when i disengage electronic park brake, the DRL should be on automatically, (Day running light for my car include a small light bulb and a row of white LED. ). DRL did turn on for left side where the small bulb is ok, but not the right side (where the small bulb is defective-not yet have the time to replace it). i noticed the LED of  right side DRL did turn on for a second then off when i disengaged the park brake (left side DRL running ok).

what's the problem with it ? is the issue due to the small bulb burned, that's why the LED also refuse to work ?  any idea which type of small bulb is that ?

also, the reflective housing of this headlight is totally melt.. both of the DRL bulb were causing so much heat coincide with the hot summer this year, the reflective housing directly above the bulb were melted, the housing collapsed like a stalagmite of the lime cave.. the one that not working has the worst melting.. the melted plastic has touches the bulb.

can anybody help me out..

your help will be appreciate.

andrew

Hi, is your car a 2012 as in your post or a 2014 as in your profile? If it is a 2014 & you are in Norfolk it is still under warranty (as long as under 100k miles & serviced according to schedule) so the melted housing should be replaced (I am fairly sure that I have seen this on the forum once or twice  before - not common but not unheard of).

I think/hope that when you replace the failed bulb that the LED strip will work. Your manual should tell you what bulb you need but iirc 580 w21/5w.

• 1 year later...

If only one side has failed, both LED strip and bulb, then the bulb has blown - simple fix. It seems that the LED strip is in series with the bulb, which doesn't seem like a good design to me as it must surely be better to have at least some DRL on both sides of the car. If no DRLs are working then then it could be the relay behind the ashtray, or both headlamp units have failed. I've just had the same problem with one side out and was pleased it was just the bulb!

• 1 year later...

Hi All I got 2012 avensis and I trying to change the drl bulbs to led but when I took out the stock bulb from both sides the drl just stoped working and I plug in the new led and it's still same and then I tried putting back stock bulbs back on and still nothing would anyone be able to tell me what can I do...

• Like 1

You could try to get back to where you were before you started changing things. Check the old bulbs have not blown (using a multimeter for example), and check the fuse has not blown. It could be there was an issue with the new LED bulbs that caused the fuse to blow.

• 3 weeks later...

Led DRL and position lights will work in Avensis but additional resistors will be needed. I´ve used ordinary filament bulbs as a resistor in my T27.

The only problem is to find suitable led bulbs for T20 socket; enough lumens for DRL and not too much for position lights.

I´ve also converted both high and low beams to led. No resistors were needed.

Everything above is naturally not legal!

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2022 at 2:29 PM, Doma29 said:

Hi All I got 2012 avensis and I trying to change the drl bulbs to led but when I took out the stock bulb from both sides the drl just stoped working and I plug in the new led and it's still same and then I tried putting back stock bulbs back on and still nothing would anyone be able to tell me what can I do...

Hi,
I have the same problem... I tried to replace stock bulbs with LED... 
What was the issue? How you sorted out your lights?
Thank you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links