Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Catalytic Converter

claireannejames

Hi, my Aygo was seriously losing power yesterday and it's booked into the local garage tomorrow.  From the symptoms it could be the catalytic converter - if I need to pay for a new one to be fitted, how much roughly am I in for in terms of cost?   Thanks

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club - moved to the Aygo club.

This topic has been moved to the Aygo club and a link left to the new location where you originally posted (in the Corolla Club).

Replies will still be posted in this topic.

thanks!  can anyone help give me an idea of what cost I'm facing... I'm scared it's an expensive fix.

Afternoon!

The Catalytic converters are available off eBay at around £80. A steal compared to some manufacturers!

A local motor factors that the garage would use shouldn't be much more than that, say £100 ish.

Shouldn't take anymore than 2 hours to replace at a competent garage

Hope that helps a bit.

Steve

So under £250 with the VAT?  do you think?  That's reassuring, thank you!  I was worried it would be nearer £500

Dependent upon what the garage would like to charge hourly i guess, but i wouldn't see it been over that figure.

At least you know how much the parts are, just some garages wont fit customer supplied parts you see, so maybe worth that conversation.

Here is the link to the part needed, comes with all gaskets and fitting kit too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C1-PEUGEOT-107-TOYOTA-AYGO-1-0-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-CAT-EURO-4/140500796838?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota|Model%3AAygo&epid=3017020743&hash=item20b68005a6:g:vPwAAOSwyGZaKHfZ:rk:1:pf:0

If you need anymore help, let me know.

PS i was £10 out on the price because of postage but still, that's the part.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links