Do Not Sell My Personal Information

p0016 bank 1 sensor a (1.3 L 2NZ-FE)

Chefslot

So whilst exiting a junction, (my car was just about to stall) i had the mil pop on. The code is as above, done 50k and i haven't had time to service it as only just acquired the car in the last 4 months. After a reset i went for a little drive up the road without any other problems. So i'm thinking it could just have been a glitch in the matrix, a sensor, or the chain may have stretched. Am i right in thinking it will be ok to leave? I don't think it had skipped a tooth as it would still be out now?? 

Regards

6 minutes ago, Chefslot said:

done 50k and i haven't had time to service it

Do you mean the car hasn't been serviced (or has no record of being serviced) in 50K miles?

• Like 1

Hi Jon.

Something as simple as dirty engine oil can cause this fault code. I heavily suggest you change the oil and filter/ service the whole car before permanent damage occurs within the engine..

Good luck, Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, bathtub tom said:

Do you mean the car hasn't been serviced (or has no record of being serviced) in 50K miles?

Yes done this, oil was changed in 2017 about 8k ago. Toyota used 5W-30 PFE, even thou they (website) recommend 0W-20,  Opie oil recommend the same, The manual and Haynes recommend 5W-30 sl sm, and one site even said about low ash, which i thought was for diesels!! 

So i brought this, but might take it back, what do you think

Mobil Super™ 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30

but Mobil recommends  Mobil Super™ 3000 XE 5W-30, which is low ash, 

OR

get Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start 5W-30 A5 Fully Synthetic, which isnt low ash??

On 12/5/2018 at 7:57 AM, Mike169 said:

Hi Jon.

Something as simple as dirty engine oil can cause this fault code. I heavily suggest you change the oil and filter/ service the whole car before permanent damage occurs within the engine..

Good luck, Mike.

Ok, it has done this a few more times since, oil looks clean'ish but no telling what is in there. 

Sorry for the late reply

8 minutes ago, Chefslot said:

Toyota used 5W-30 PFE, even thou they (website) recommend 0W-20,  Opie oil recommend the same, The manual and Haynes recommend 5W-30 sl sm

Toyota's preferred oil is 0W-20 for the later 1.33 (1NR-FE from early 2009) For the earlier 1.3 the preferred oil is 5W-30.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota's preferred oil is 0W-20 for the later 1.33 (1NR-FE from early 2009) For the earlier 1.3 the preferred oil is 5W-30.

Thanks, mines a 2007, so low ash or not? 

Regards

Doesn't matter for a petrol - low ash is needed for a diesel with a dpf.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Doesn't matter for a petrol - low ash is needed for a diesel with a dpf.

Frostyballs your user name makes me chuckle. But do you think the Mobil Super™ 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 is good to go then?

regards

11 hours ago, Chefslot said:

As good as any

• Thanks 1

If you can find it I would use Opie low ash oil, 0/15w or 0/5 low ash, it was recommended to me by a main Toyota dealer.

Mike.

• Like 1

Changed oil and filter and the light has just come on again. Could it be a sensor/sensors and what should the resistance be on the sensors? 

Regards

• 8 months later...

So i've changed the CMP sensor and cleaned its triggers, then decided to hook it up to a scope and now it is looking like chain stretch, as you can see from the known good you can count from peak of CMP 9 CKP triggers, and yet mine only have 8. So it appears the chain has stretched causing my timing to !Removed!. Just posting to end the thread. 

2019-08-24 16_24_57_LI.jpg

68658136_10156780981959401_7256049021242834944_n.jpg

36 minutes ago, mrfixer said:

What other symptoms do you have?  Bad idle or rough running?

Yes a little rough idle, checked the vvti system and its working fine.