Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird noise coming from the gas pedal area

Janisz

Hello,

Today I noticed weird noise coming from Gas Pedal area when accelerating a bit harder. Noise doesn't appear when I gently push the gas pedal.

I have Toyota Avensis T25 2.0 petrol Automatic. 

Any idea what this noise could be? Should I be worried? 

I filmed a video where you can hear the sound. You can clearly hear at the start when I accelerated, released the pedal then accelerated again few times, then you can hear the noise. 

Thank you.

Hey,

Do you know whether your car is drive-by-wire or does it have a physical cable going from the gas pedal to the throttle body?

Maybe you know this, or you can learn something new about your car while someone more knowledgable comes along. If there's a wire there I guess it could be that pressing on the pedal hard rubs the wire the wrong way?

Has this become an issue recently? Or maybe you decided to turn off the radio and noticed the sound?

8 minutes ago, Byzii said:

Hey,

Do you know whether your car is drive-by-wire or does it have a physical cable going from the gas pedal to the throttle body?

Maybe you know this, or you can learn something new about your car while someone more knowledgable comes along. If there's a wire there I guess it could be that pressing on the pedal hard rubs the wire the wrong way?

Has this become an issue recently? Or maybe you decided to turn off the radio and noticed the sound?

I use the car pretty much every day and this was the first time I noticed this sound. It's loud enough that I can hear it even when radio is on (low volume). 

But if it rubs then I should hear the noise even when I gently accelerate? Cause the noise only appears when I quickly push the pedal harder, noise comes up for like 2 seconds. 

I hope it will be an easy fix and there's nothing wrong with my transmission. 

Do you feel a lack of power together with that noise? See the video I posted in this thread:

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/184741-transmission-issues-when-cold/

And if you're still wondering, 1.8 has an electronic throttle, while the 2.0 petrol has a proper old school connection.