Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius 2016 gen 4 VS Prius+ 2016 ?

HSDish

Is there the same high quality feel/Flagship aura to Prius+ 2016 active as it is to Prius 2016 active gen 4 ?

I guess there is differences in fuel consumption cause of difference in shape and weight . Does anyone know how big diff. ?

Other advantages and/or disadvantages ?

The 2012 Prius plus I had was about 5 mpg down on the 2010 Gen 3 I had before it and the Gen 3 was about 10 mpg down on my current 2016 Gen 4.

See Fuelly for the real world figures (make sure you are viewing it in UK gallons): Real world mpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

Guess your current Gen4 is an "ordinary/not +" Prius.

I did some research and i believe that Prius+ got pretty much the same fuel cosumption as my current Auris TS HSD 2014.

I went for an short testdrive with an used 2016/17 Prius+ active today and I'm quite positive.

Today we got an Auris TS HSD 2014 50's ed. ( the TS is mainly for transporting me, my wife and our daughter  who's got an manual wheelchar to carry) and an Auris HB HSD 2016 active plus and we aim to change the TS for an new 2019 Corolla TS this spring but...

With the Prius+ adjustable rear/back seats we don't nead to tilt/drop the second row seats to house the wheelcair, as we need to int the Auris And probabyl even in the new CorollaTS.

Besides the Prius+ was very comfortable and "spacy" overall.  but...

the used Prius+ comes at the same price/ cost as much to buy as a NEW Corolla TS 2019 ! and I think the Corolla will consume a bit less fuel and it's a more modern car as I can see.

A lot to think about here , in my oppinion

Realize that , maby I've got a bit "off topic" myself , in my post abowe.

The thing is that I /we really like the Prius Gen4. Nice quality, comfort and fuel consumption but it's to small in boot and to low in rear/backseat to suit us as family and wheelchair transporter. Thats wy I/we consetrated at Auris/Corolla 2019 TS, so far... until I saw this used Prius+ active 2016/17

so...

Your experiences and advices about Prius+ would be very helpful

Prius+

Pros: it's quiet, comfortable, spacious and one of the best looking MPVs IMO.

Cons: slighly less economical than the Prius hatch (G3 and 4), the CO2 being over 100 takes it into the next VED bracket (still cheap though) and although they fold down, the 3rd row seats can't be removed.

Other little things, the tyres are cheaper, even the 17" are a higher, more common profile (55) than the standard Prius (45) and there is more storage under the boot floor, but less in the centre console (the HV Battery is in there).

I absolutely loved my Prius+ but SWMBO didn't and because most of my journeys were single occupancy, the 3rd row seats never got used and the second row very little. The Gen 4 came out and it suited my requirements better so I traded it in.

• Thanks 1

The Hybrid system of the Prius+ is almost the same as the Gen 3 Prius, whereas the Gen 4 Prius is improved significantly (I get about 100 extra miles per tankful in the Gen 4 compared to the Gen 3 Prius), despite the Gen 4 tank being 2 Litres smaller.

The other main difference is the Prius+ has a LiON Battery (presumably to make it fit in the armrest), whereas the Prius (Gen 3 & 4) have the less advanced HiMH.  Some owners of the original PiP (plug-in Prius), which also used LiON technology, suggested it performed slightly better then the standard Prius because the LiON Battery had some performance advantages over NimH, although I've not seen definitive proof one way ro the other.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kithmo said:

Prius+

Pros: it's quiet, comfortable, spacious and one of the best looking MPVs IMO.

Cons: slighly less economical than the Prius hatch (G3 and 4), the CO2 being over 100 takes it into the next VED bracket (still cheap though) and although they fold down, the 3rd row seats can't be removed.

Other little things, the tyres are cheaper, even the 17" are a higher, more common profile (55) than the standard Prius (45) and there is more storage under the boot floor, but less in the centre console (the HV battery is in there).

I absolutely loved my Prius+ but SWMBO didn't and because most of my journeys were single occupancy, the 3rd row seats never got used and the second row very little. The Gen 4 came out and it suited my requirements better so I traded it in.

3 hours ago, PeteB said:

The Hybrid system of the Prius+ is almost the same as the Gen 3 Prius, whereas the Gen 4 Prius is improved significantly (I get about 100 extra miles per tankful in the Gen 4 compared to the Gen 3 Prius), despite the Gen 4 tank being 2 Litres smaller.

The other main difference is the Prius+ has a LiON battery (presumably to make it fit in the armrest), whereas the Prius (Gen 3 & 4) have the less advanced HiMH.  Some owners of the original PiP (plug-in Prius), which also used LiON technology, suggested it performed slightly better then the standard Prius because the LiON battery had some performance advantages over NimH, although I've not seen definitive proof one way ro the other.

Thnks a lot !

found some more (UK) info. here

Changed my Auris HB HSD 2016 active plus for an used (29800km) Prius+ 2016/17 active to day.

I hope and think it's ganna suit our needs very well

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 4:07 PM, PeteB said:

The other main difference is the Prius+ has a LiON battery (presumably to make it fit in the armrest), whereas the Prius (Gen 3 & 4) have the less advanced HiMH.  Some owners of the original PiP (plug-in Prius), which also used LiON technology, suggested it performed slightly better then the standard Prius because the LiON battery had some performance advantages over NimH, although I've not seen definitive proof one way ro the other.

Is it the same engine and hybrid system in the Prius+ as it is in my Auris TS HSD 2014 ?

1 hour ago, HSDish said:

Is it the same engine and hybrid system in the Prius+ as it is in my Auris TS HSD 2014 ?

I believe it is (apart from the different HV Battery technology).  I think the main Hybrid bits are the same in the Auris, Auris TS, Prius+, Prius Gen 3 and Lexus CT200 (again apart from the Prius+ LiON HV battery).  The Yaris has a 1.5 Litre petrol engine rather than the 1.8 of the others and is broadly similar in other respects to the rest, although may have subtle differences in the power split device and HV Battery capacity.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2018 at 10:53 PM, PeteB said:

I believe it is (apart from the different HV battery technology).  I think the main Hybrid bits are the same in the Auris, Auris TS, Prius+, Prius Gen 3 and Lexus CT200 (again apart from the Prius+ LiON HV battery).  The Yaris has a 1.5 Litre petrol engine rather than the 1.8 of the others and is broadly similar in other respects to the rest, although may have subtle differences in the power split device and HV battery capacity.

Thanks again.

I gues our (new to us) Prius+ will consume a bit more fuel than our Auris TS HSD 2014 cause of its bigger size and weight.

Did my first fuel up, brim to brim at our new (new to us "2016/17) Prius+ and my "Fuelino" app says 58.24 UK mpg mixed driving wich is about the same fuel consumption sa our Auris TS HSD 2014