Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris windscreen washer nozzle

Chriss27

Just noticed on daughters Yaris (2015)that there is only one windscreen washer nozzle and this is attached to the wiper blade mechanism ????In addition I went to wash the windows and thought they were empty but then noticed the nozzle was pointing horizontally in the same direction as wiper blade. Anyway managed to adjust with a pin so it’s now pointing towards centre of window, is that right or was it meant to be pointing the way of blade so when you clean the window it wipes the water across the windscreen?

I had one of the last generation Nissan Sunnys, and that had twin washer jets mounted on each of the wiper arms. The idea was that the washer jets sprayed both sides of the blades. Worked much better than the conventional system.

Presume something similar is intended for the Yaris, but only spraying on one side of the blade.

23 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Just noticed on daughters Yaris (2015)that there is only one windscreen washer nozzle and this is attached to the wiper blade mechanism ????In addition I went to wash the windows and thought they were empty but then noticed the nozzle was pointing horizontally in the same direction as wiper blade. Anyway managed to adjust with a pin so it’s now pointing towards centre of window, is that right or was it meant to be pointing the way of blade so when you clean the window it wipes the water across the windscreen?

On the latest Yaris, the jet should be spraying parallel with and above the arm/wiper blade; hitting the screen (at rest) slightly to the driver's side from the centre of the blade itself. This avoids washing the car to your left (lol) and allows somewhat for the wind pressure when the car is in motion...

On 12/10/2018 at 5:11 PM, CPN said:

On the latest Yaris, the jet should be spraying parallel with and above the arm/wiper blade; hitting the screen (at rest) slightly to the driver's side from the centre of the blade itself. This avoids washing the car to your left (lol) and allows somewhat for the wind pressure when the car is in motion...

When we got ours earlier in the year the nozzle initially sprayed the car next to us.  It was a right faf with a needle to get the nozzle pointing correctly. Probably the worst screen wash system on any car I have ever owned. (That doesn't include any vehicle with the push buttons prior to motorised systems of course)

I think the washer on ours is very good indeed and one of the best washers we've had on a car.  Maybe there's something wrong with yours.

I like the way it sprays at the same time as the wiper wipes.  Nothing is worse on a car that wipes before the spray starts as all it does is smear on the first pass.

Mick.

I had to adjust my screenwasher as it was spraying the pavement, I used the shaft of a drill twist bit  as a needle is not thick enough and it now hits the centre of the screen, thus no dry wipes from the wiper.

Regards Dave

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have a 2015 Yaris, Single blade and washer. Washer got very weak only sprayed an inch or two, so replaced the non return valve and all was fine. Now it’s got weak again and changing the valve makes no difference. 
Any advice