Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Light To Boot Area Of Car

Teenie

Hi There,

Has anyone added a separate boot light for the IQ?

If so is there a recommended unit and a bit of advice on fitting as well please.

Cheers,

Steve

I've got these in mine. Tarquin on here fitted them, makes a huge difference.  Got front interior light upgraded too.

20181211_181718.jpg

20181211_181729.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've just investigated this. There was a thread some time back that involved picking up existing wiring. But I have gone for a more simple solution - Battery operated lights.

Have bought a set of 3 lights from B&Q for £8. They are each powered by 3 AAA batteries (provided). and are turned on or off by pushing the middle.

They come with a stick on base plate, so you can remove the light when time to replace batteries. I have fitted 2, one either side. 

Note that it is better to take the light off the bracket, and push stick the bracket so you get better adhesion.

This works for us - we just want a bit of light when unloading a supermarket trolley in the dark.

IMG_0676.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rhodie said:

Hi Mark

Looks good. Do you have to push hard to operate or just a touch?

Dave

Hi dave

Just a light touch to operate on and off. I mounted it to the headliner between the two front seats. Its bright so does the whole car  its magnetic so easy to take off and re-charge.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 9:43 AM, rhodie said:

Hi dave

Just a light touch to operate on and off. I mounted it to the headliner between the two front seats. Its bright so does the whole car  its magnetic so easy to take off and re-charge.

I have since had mine upgraded by Tarquin on this forum as did En8wall69 above. The results are amazing. Dave is a fantastic guy with loads of knowledge and great to talk to.

• 1 month later...

Tarquin also upgraded my dome light and sent me kit for rear. all works off door sensors. I'd recommend this upgrade to everyone!