Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Timing chain tensioner

frankie406

Where can i buy a timing chain tensioner,

For a 2010 Toyota auris 1.33vvti (uk).is this a dealer only part? Ive tried a few online parts places but nothing shown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

You tried checking with Kingo for the quote?

I guess you want to replace it because it's leaking already? 🙂

Thanks i will mail him totally forgot about kingo, the mechanics said its the tensioner, its making a rattling noise when cold on start up. Im going to do a engine flush  first with genuine toyota parts this time!! 1st time ever not using genuine oil and parts and this happened, could be coincidence but not chance it again...Thanks again!

2 hours ago, frankie406 said:

Thanks i will mail him totally forgot about kingo, the mechanics said its the tensioner, its making a rattling noise when cold on start up. Im going to do a engine flush  first with genuine toyota parts this time!! 1st time ever not using genuine oil and parts and this happened, could be coincidence but not chance it again...Thanks again!

Few seconds rattle on cold start is normal, and i doubt it's chain tensioner, i'd say the rattle that you hear is from overhead cams.

Some people claim that using non OEM oil filters is the cause of this, that if you use original ones, the oil does not leak back down to the engine, ensuring enough lubrication on cold start.If the rattle goes after few seconds (when the oil gets pumped up by the engine), then i would not worry about it.

This is just my personal opinion, and btw i also have the slight rattle on cold start due to this.

Yeah, though it does sound like a chain slipping.im going to get the mechanics to take a look at it after the holidays. Thanks for your input. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links