Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Corolla - in UK showrooms from February 2019

FROSTYBALLS

• 2 weeks later...

Been hoping for something like this. I love my wife's Yaris Icon Hybrid for around town (a car the motoring media just don't get - what other small  auto does 60+mpg on short town journeys?) But I need a bit more cruising ability and space and bigger boot. There are reviews out now and sounds promising. My only concerns atm are it is lower and I want ground clearance and ease of getting in and out as I have some restricted mobility. Also rumour there is no Android Auto. Can you believe that? I thought that was industry standard along with Apple iplay. I wonder id it has anything like the brilliant Audi Connect instead?

1 hour ago, dcweather said:

My only concerns atm are it is lower and I want ground clearance and ease of getting in and out as I have some restricted mobility. Also rumour there is no Android Auto. Can you believe that? I thought that was industry standard along with Apple iplay. I wonder id it has anything like the brilliant Audi Connect instead?

I guess the new RAV4 is too big/expensive - they have increased the ground clearance on that.

& yes, atm it seems that Europe gets an updated Touch 2 system in the new Corolla but no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto (I know that Toyota are concerned about permissions/data with Google).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HSD180 said:

Apple Carplay is available on US spec Corolla. Why should that be excluded on Europe spec cars?

because they use totally different infotainment systems - Entune 3 v an apparently slightly reworked Touch 2. It is perhaps possible though that a firmware update may add it at a later date.

Ok. Did not know that.

Carbuyers today have high demand on connectivity so to ignore Apple Carplay and Android Auto on the european market would be a bad decision by Toyota.

• Like 1

A lot of people now cast Googlemaps to their screen for sat nav. Perhaps Toyota fear they would lose people buying that expensive option, which they well might. However that applies to all manufacturers and I think loss of sales will outweigh that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Surprised how little interest there is on here, in the motoring press and in general. It is a good looking car with a very high spec even at the bottom end. Considering it's actually in the showrooms it is surprising there are no decent reviews yet in the main motoring press.

• Like 2

it would appear that Toyota have prioritised dealer demonstrators rather than press demo cars?

TS & sedan not yet in showrooms though afaik.

I've twice in the last couple of weeks spied a new 4 door Corolla in and around the Blackpool area. This one was left hand drive and on foreign plates (and I'm sure it had the word Taxi somewhere on the rear plate) with a (horrible to me) canary (ish) yellow paint job together with a number in a weird calligraphy style of writing on the front doors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 10:04 PM, dcweather said:

My only concerns atm are it is lower and I want ground clearance and ease of getting in and out as I have some restricted mobility.

They are doing a raised version of the Corolla Tourer. This ride a few cm higher than the standard. 

On 12/27/2018 at 10:04 PM, dcweather said:

My only concerns atm are it is lower and I want ground clearance and ease of getting in and out as I have some restricted mobility.

54 minutes ago, APS said:

They are doing a raised version of the Corolla Tourer. This ride a few cm higher than the standard. 

Corolla Trek - see 

caught a brief glimpse tonight of my first 2019 Corolla on the road - a TS in some form of silver going the opposite way on a dual carriageway. I thought that it looked pretty smart. 🙂

We had a look at the new Corolla in a showroom the other week.  Nice car inside and out except, for me anyway, the roof lining is black and makes the car feel claustrophobic.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alan333 said:

We had a look at the new Corolla in a showroom the other week.  Nice car inside and out except, for me anyway, the roof lining is black and makes the car feel claustrophobic.  

I'll probably wait until June when my car is due a service before looking at Corolla TS & new RAV4 in showroom - gives me something to do whilst I wait. 😛

(& yes, black headlining does sound odd)

On 3/6/2019 at 8:13 AM, alan333 said:

Take a look at the Irish version on toyota.ie
I've a hankering for the Corolla Saloon Luna Sport version. The two-tone interior really brightens things up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I just ordered a new Corolla 1.8 HSD. I live in Sweden and delivery is expected in June. :) 

This is what the car looks like:

345cw1e.png

Silver Metallic 1F7 

In Sweden the trim level is called Style (which sits under Executive) and you get Led headligts, back up camera, all the safety tech, 7 inch digital cluster, heated seats etc etc 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links