Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

General Advice Auris Windscreen Washer Pump

stu_cole

Good Evening Forum

I'm after a bit of advice

Over the last couple of months i've noticed that the water has been getting further down the screen and now is struggling to hit the bottom from the jets

Q1. Is it a known thing for the pump to become more and more asmatic 

The back is OK but I didn't realise until today that it is a dual pump system

I have ordered a new pump but had a couple more questions

Q2. Is there anything else to look for......there are no water leaks......and as i'm guessing the jets aren't blocked as both are weak

Q3. Do I access the pumps from the drivers wheel arch or from the front of the car

Any help would be great

Have a good evening "forumneers"

Mystery solved: I lifted the bonnet and activated the washer. A big plume of water shot across the car park........it appears there IS a hole in the pipe. The pipe has been rubbing against the felt cover on the underside of the bonnet

I think i'll try a puncture repair outfit first as a temporary fix and then get some washer hose for a more permanent repair

GGGGRrrrrrr if only I'd tried this first I wouldn't have bought a new pump........ and i've got to order some washer pipe.......... and run it from the reservoir to the two nozzles

2 hours ago, stu_cole said:

GGGGRrrrrrr if only I'd tried this first I wouldn't have bought a new pump........ 

Can you not return it (if you mail-ordered it you can under Distance Selling Act within 14 days of receipt)?

• 3 weeks later...

This topic reminded me that i need to actually investigate why is that, when i fill up water in my Windscreen washer bottle.
Water leaks out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links