Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone know what has caused this damage

Edguy63

Hi there.

I just wondered if anyone knows what has caused this. It looks as though something is pushing through from behind the bumper. It's cracked the paintwork and the car is only 1.5 years old. Took it to the dealer but they said they don't have an idea what's wrong. I've seen a few pictures of damage in the exact same place on the internet but on bumpers that were on sale on eBay, Gumtree etc

Any ideas would be appreciated.

David

DA025220-CD17-4564-9635-0F5770F831E3.JPG

Insert other media P1130480.thumb.JPG.136d6d53f20f2c9ef8c345aed2bc083d.JPGThe bumper has been hit and deformed as it is hollow behind. Eventually it has struck part of the bumper reinforcement which is steel and sits an inch or so behind the plastic skin.

But, this is secured by four sizeable bolts with protruding heads (on each side), part of the plastic bumper has been forced to adopt the shape of the bolt head behind it, as it has pressed hard against it.  The bumper has sprung back after what ever has hit it has moved away, but the portion that has been stretched over the bolt head still bears the mark.

That's my guess anyway.

P1130469.JPG

• Like 1

Lol, great pictures. We can see now the reason, it’s the bracket that just sits in the middle of the cable running along the rear end. Somebody hit the car and that’s the result.