Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Rav 4 Diesel Auto Water in Passenger footwell

paul champ

Thanks for allowing me to join.

I have a serious issue with water ingress into the passenger side footwell of my 2012 Toyota Rav 4.  I have checked drain holes from the scuttle and cleared them out, the amount of water coming in is not commensurate with it being a blocked aircon drain and this is fine after checking.  The water seems to come down under the far left of the dashboard and accumulates on the left side of the floorpan and then over into the rest of it.

I have heard all sorts about what the cause may be and also that there may even be a recall for this problem.  Can anyone suggest a fix for this and has there been a recall.

All suggestions will be gratefully received ( keep it clean though!!!)🤞🤞🚙

Thanks Paul

To check for recalls or voluntary customer service campaigns, use the Toyota recall checker - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker#/iframe/https%3A%2F%2Fforms.toyota.co.uk%2Frecall-checker

Has the windscreen been replaced?

Thanks for responding, I'll check the recall site but I really don't know whether the screen has been replaced at any time, the car is a 2012 and I've had it since April 2017, its only the last few weeks I've noticed this, its obviously built up over a while, I've had all the carpet out and the soundproofing and can see water dripping from the soundproofing high up on the left of the bulkhead near where a large section of wiring comes through.

cheers

Paul

If the screen has been replaced, it may have a third party manufactured screen, especially if it was done through insurance. Most vehicle glass has the manufacturer's name etched into it, usually in one corner or a similar location - one easy way to check if the car may have had the screen replaced with a third party screen is to check whether the marking on the windscreen matches the other windows. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links