Sign in to follow this  
del14

New Headunit wanted

I just bought a 2009 Rav 4 and wanted to upgrade the standard headhunt to a double din which has bluetooth, sat nav, bluetooth audio and possibly the option to fit a reversing camera.

Whatever I buy needs to be compatible with Apple OS.

Has anyone got any suggestions on which headhunt to buy and possibly even a how to guide on changing the headunit over?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, del14 said:

Whatever I buy needs to be compatible with Apple OS.

Budget?

What, exactly, do you mean by this? Do you mean has CarPlay? If so it would appear that increasingly units fitted with CarPlay (or Android Auto) are not fitted with their own satnav systems.

Pioneer are usually a decent place to start https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/navigation-multimedia-receivers/overview

(what is your existing head unit?)

Fitted ok, recommend a trim removal tool but you can fish the wires through the dash and up into the headlining to hide the aerial and mic in the area behind the mirror easily enough, crash cam lives there too. Needs a gps antenna for sat nav to work which they don't tell you.

Dab radio, internet linked to your phone, sat nav  etc. Looks factory too which is nice. Takes a while to figure how to use it as the manual is garbage. it is a bit slow to start up but im talking 20 seconds maybe. By the time you have your seatbelt on and got sorted to move off its up and running.

Id give it a 4 out of 5.