Mike J.

Yaris review by Carwow

Recommended Posts

All I can say is my wife's hybrid ICON cost £14500 in Dec 2014 on a 3 year PCP plan  which was £67 per month interest free deal with I think a 3.5k deposit. She bought it for just over 8 grand at the end. We still have it because we have still yet to find a small automatic that does over 60mpg around town from cold ! That's what it's for and the motoring press don't get that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

9 hours ago, dcweather said:

We still have it because we have still yet to find a small automatic that does over 60mpg around town from cold !

If it is just for commuting, a Renault Zoe might be an option, you can also pre-heat the interior!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble with a Zoe, is that the Battery rental is the same cost as the petrol you would use in a normal economical ICE car.  I've raised this with Renault, and they reluctantly agreed with me.

We do about 7,000miles a year.  This would cost £60/£70 per month depending on Zoe model.  50mpg at £6 per gallon(?) = £850 per year = £70 per month.

https://www.renault.co.uk/renault-finance/battery-hire.html

Mick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mick F said:

The trouble with a Zoe, is that the Battery rental is the same cost as the petrol you would use in a normal economical ICE car.  I've raised this with Renault, and they reluctantly agreed with me.

We do about 7,000miles a year.  This would cost £60/£70 per month depending on Zoe model.  50mpg at £6 per gallon(?) = £850 per year = £70 per month.

https://www.renault.co.uk/renault-finance/battery-hire.html

Mick.

The figures are around 8p per mile Battery rental plus electricity at around 2p per mile (cheap rate) which is the same as the Yaris Hybrid at 10p per mile for petrol. Then again, you can buy a Zoe with Battery included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you can indeed buy a Zoe and purchase the Battery outright.

This puts the cost of the Zoe about five grand higher.  False economy perhaps.

Mick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the carwow review it say it's the 2019 model but if I put in 2019 else where it shows the sudan? version.

What model is this in thee video?

If I were to order one now would it be this carwow review car or the one before.

On our old yaris I like the digital speedometer readout but the one in the video has dials.

Sorry to sound a bit thick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, negativepitch said:

In the carwow review it say it's the 2019 model but if I put in 2019 else where it shows the sudan? version.

The Carwow review is actually of a 2018 spec Yaris. The 2019 Yaris in the UK may have minor changes to the specification. From an earlier post/topic Toyota GB had run out of petrol Yaris, and currently only list the hybrid as being available - though from the Toyota GB website, petrol versions are now available to order.

Some markets have saloon or sedan versions of the Yaris (eg. the US, China, India, etc), and these have never been available in the UK. The current Yaris sedan available in the US is built by Mazda and is based on the Mazda 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Carwow review is actually of a 2018 spec Yaris. The 2019 Yaris in the UK may have minor changes to the specification. From an earlier post/topic Toyota GB had run out of petrol Yaris, and currently only list the hybrid as being available - though from the Toyota GB website, petrol versions are now available to order.

Some markets have saloon or sedan versions of the Yaris (eg. the US, China, India, etc), and these have never been available in the UK. The current Yaris sedan available in the US is built by Mazda and is based on the Mazda 2.

Thanks.

Popped into the dealer today.

Had a good chat. The excel is still available with the panoramic roof on the 2019 dealer price lists even though it is not listed on the configuration build on the main site.

The conveinence pack is also standard.

The non sliding seats were a bit left down. I didn't look myself but my wife reckons  the boot is a bit bigger that our 57 plate car.

If this is correct then it must mean they have moved the rear seat forward a bit so less leg room.

As far as the little cubby slots on the dash I didn't think it was to bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest problem is with the rear accommodation: getting in is the first problem because of the low roof - just to get in I have to bend like I'm bowing and go in fowards then reverse into the seat.  I then have to cant my head at 45° which means it's still wedged against the roof!  I'd hate to be sitting like that when the car went over a big bump at speed!  Plus, unless the front seats are adjusted for dwarfs my knees were digging well into the back of them.  A major disappointment after the pre-2012 models where four people my size could sit in great comfort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no problems in the rear of our 2014 Yaris.  Plenty room, but I'm only 5ft 10ins. My head is a full four inches below the roof lining (just measured it!).  Maybe people have the driver's seat too far back and drive with outstretched arms like a racing driver which restricts the rear passenger's legs?

Only issue I have in the back in our Hybrid, is that the Battery compartment covers restrict my heels.

Mick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current Yaris Hybrid may have a smaller tank vs. the standard Yaris, but it will do 600 miles on a single tank! You just need to drive a long way on a motorway to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now