Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xmas Eve Work on the Aygo

Wolds Warrior

Morning folks.

Hope your all ready for Xmas!

The Aygo is having its work done on Xmas Eve finally.

I'm seeing if a new Cat sorts the ticking and fuel smell when in traffic, i can see a crack forming at the top near where the flange joins the head, so i'm hoping that cures that.

Front discs and pads due to a warped disc on the OS, squeaking when its warm and turning left! 

And a full service.

Plenty of more exiting things coming in January ready for next years Toyota Sprint Series as well, so ill start a separate project Thread for that.

Have a great Christmas folks!

unnamed (12).jpg

Happy Christmas to your Aygo (and you of course) 😉

I treated mine to 2 front tyres yesterday then took my 12yr old to the cinema.......on the way back home it decided to split its back box...got it sorted today thanks to good old Europarts at £60 .....so annoying when I could get the same part off eBay for £28 so had fun in the rain changing that today.......had to have it as working tomorrow....hey ho! Good Luck with your service tomorrow 😉

2 hours ago, Colin J.S said:

Happy Christmas to your Aygo (and you of course) 😉

I treated mine to 2 front tyres yesterday then took my 12yr old to the cinema.......on the way back home it decided to split its back box...got it sorted today thanks to good old Europarts at £60 .....so annoying when I could get the same part off eBay for £28 so had fun in the rain changing that today.......had to have it as working tomorrow....hey ho! Good Luck with your service tomorrow 😉

Was it a Klarius back box that you purchased? Does it sound like a sports exhaust may i ask?

Sorry to hear the sad news but glad you’ve got her fixed up!

18 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Was it a Klarius back box that you purchased? Does it sound like a sports exhaust may i ask?

Sorry to hear the sad news but glad you’ve got her fixed up!

Hiya

I wouldn't exactly describe it as sporty...all Aygo's sound a bit 'raspy' just standard...........and yes its a Klarius!

Ok, so we have a new cat fitted and my ticking has gone!.... There was a split in it that wasn’t obvious until off the car

The only snag now is that it has a blow somewhere. We replaced all gaskets too, so slightly frustrating, but for what an exhaust system costs, that’s next to see if the fact it’s the original 12 year old one may have a split or hole that’s not obvious. No big deal it just sounds a little noisy  

New discs and pads has sorted the squeaking out when it’s warm and turning left. 

Discs looked contaminated and a bit of a lip. I think the OS disc was warped to be fair as I don’t get the ever so slight vibration when braking under the pedal now. 

And finally an engine service was carried out by us too. 

Genuine filter and ended up just going for the 5w grade over the 0w grade just because I thought it may just be a slight bit too think for my 12 years old 71k engine. 

I’ll pop another update once the blow on the exhaust is sorted, and finger crossed it sorts it’s self!

On that note, have a Merry Christmas folks and if I don’t manage to get on before, have a great New Year. 

D7C67BB4-1078-4909-BDA4-4D96DF6046E8.jpeg

Good work guys...love reading posts from people with a real passion for d.i.y fixes!

My next project over the hols are...fit some rear park sensors...have a brand new set of genuine mazda ones in storage for years...apparently universal...n before anyone asks...i like having rear sensors...dont think its a womans thing lol.

Need to stick my business logo decals on the bodywork.

And a full service.

Oh and i purchased a new Sony headunit off Amazon recent...variable colour...didnt need it as i installed a new jvc headunit upon purchasing my Aygo but it was too cheap a deal to miss lol.

• 2 weeks later...

So i managed to get my car to my mechanic (best mate, and helps me prep my race car!) over the xmas break.

We traced the leak to the manifold gasket, so it was an easy fix in the end.

All sorted!

Gave it a wash on New Years Eve, and repainted the steel wheels.

Hope you all had a good break, back to work today for me.

Happy New Year!

(PS I also made a small addition to the Aygo as well over the break! Can you spot it!)

unnamed (15).jpg

unnamed (17).jpg

unnamed (16).jpg

TOC sticker? 🙂

• Like 1

Excellent work there matey...love your likkle Aygo...especially the blue on grey bumpers...sets it off sporty...i recon a little roof spoiler would complete it nicely...in my opinion that is...n maybe some wind deflectors? I love the fact that these Aygo's can be customised so easily to reflect the owners individual tastes.

P.s 

Spent my day today serving my Aygo...oil..oil filter...sparks...air filter...n the cabin filter too...topped up washer fluid...job done...all in 1 hour...n a bit lol. All genuine Toyota bits from the dealers...i did think of going Bosch parts via Euro carparts as we both did with the back box...but my other half steered me away...dont think he likes the sound of my new klarius lol...your words...raspy...i like it

not to sure if aimed at me  re 'raspy' bot i think so...........still needs to be said that Europats is a rip off.........get the same part for 28 off fleabay for 28 .........i just joined "toyota High milage club' Canada..............you get a badge/sticker for every 1k mileage (NB mileage not km) so my first is on the way.........there is a uk club but it starts at 150k ,,,,,,,,,watch this space as I accumulate badges re my mileage .............love to all.........

• Like 1

My new number plates came yesterday, so i fitted those last night too.

Nothing worse than manky looking number plates!

The front end looks a bit mean in that picture!

unnamed (19).jpg

unnamed (18).jpg