Do Not Sell My Personal Information

False Alarm Siren and lights flashing.

Discdevil

Good morning and merry christmas. my name is luke and i have a 2003 rav4. 

I have had a problem with my alarm, it was in a parking lot and after i did some shopping i came out to my car with its alarm going off. it kept arming itself and going off despite repeatedly pressing the unlock button. 

I drove home with the alarm going off every 5 minutes and then had to keep pressing the disarm button on the keyfob while driving to disable it, it would sometimes work and othertimes not. 

Im not sure what it could be, i have since taken the TVSS black box apart and inspected it and it seems okay and put it back together, the door switches all work (there isnt a door ajar light on anyway)

ive charged the Battery fully and since i dont have a deal level scan tool, im unable to tell what is setting the alarm off. The car is just sat on the driveway and it will go untouched for 10 hours or so and then randomly go off. there isnt even a breeze or rain. 

any ideas guys?

update...

I have taken the siren out from under the Battery tray as to not irritate the neighbors on Christmas night. 

I have removed the TVSS box from under the glove compartment. The car still starts and everything seems to work as it should on first glance so ill keep it out for now. 

The TVSS was soaking wet which is what may have been the problem. ill dry it out and see where the leak is coming in though the firewall and then reinstall it when i have chance. 

i tested all the door switches incidentlly and they all operated perfectly so for now the wet TVSS system is the suspect.

8 hours ago, IanML said:

You need Toyota Techstream, e.g. here.

Thanks, for the time being ill leave the car in the state that it is in and order a tech stream. Thanks :]