Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TNS700 B9010 Fitment

FranklinHughes

Hi guys

In my 2005 t3 i have the standard CD/Radio combo with dual climate control functions below it.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the TNS700 B9010 SatNav/CD combo and i was hoping that maybe someone can confirm if this can be done.

If it is possible, is it a straight swap or what additional items are required.

The puc below is the current stereo.

Many thanks

Frank

Screenshot_2018-12-27-14-57-34-1.png

Hi Frank, welcome to TOC 🙂

I think what you want is doable but you would also need to get the fascia surrounding the unit.

However, why do you want to upgrade (what are you particularly missing/seeking)? The unit is now ~ 15 years old which is an age in electronics - it doesn't have DAB radio & the satnav is dated. I suspect that you can get better value for your money using something else.

Thanks Heidfirst

I understand the need for a facia and the latest tech available but i just want to keep the OEM look with the steering wheel functtionality with an LCD screen.

I'm looking to get the TNS700 seconhand and need to know if the current wiring harness is the same as the TNS700 i.e a direct swap.

Thanks again.

Toyota did not introduce TNS700 until the midlife facelift on Avensis ( Around 04/2006 ) so there is no guarantee of fitment but see: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{EB37D3C6-943B-7968-1138-257A359A943B}/TNS700 RHD 08545-00950 AIM 001 067-0.pdf

Thanks Devon Aygo

That PDF is exactly what i was looking for!

It gives step by step instructions on how to remove the existing stereo and replace it with the TNS700

I can replace the existing stereo as long as i can get the original wiring harness and GPS antenna  that comes with the TNS700.

Thank You👍

3 hours ago, FranklinHughes said:

I understand the need for a facia and the latest tech available but i just want to keep the OEM look with the steering wheel functtionality with an LCD screen.

you should be able to do that with a modern unit & something like a Connects2 harness/interface - have the best of both worlds?