Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Yaris T-Sport New exhaust needed. Any recommendations?

Silver Yaris

Hi all,

As per the title, the rear box has started to rattle and blow and the centre section isn't looking to healthy either so I may as well replace the whole lot whilst I'm at it.

Eurocarparts have a Klarius rear & centre section system which I have never heard of for £106 using their boxing day discount code and their website says that the centre pipe will only fit with a Kalrius cat which is pushes the bill up to £194 - is this true or just a sales tactic as I don't need to replace the cat?

Has anyone fitted one of these systems, are they any good and it looks like they don't come with the oval shaped tail pipe so I am assuming that I can just swap it over?

Or does anyone have any better recommendations as I would imagine that the OEM one is fairly pricey? I want to keep the car standard so am not interested in a stainless steel or loud exhaust. 

Cheers

Edit: I've just spoken with National Tyres & Exhausts who are telling me that the centre section has a cat in it & is £300 by itself + £100 for the rear section - does the centre section have a cat in it as Eurocarparts are selling the cat as a separate item?

Anyone? Surely someone has replaced an exhaust on a Mk1 Yaris T-Sport without buying from Toyota?

• 3 months later...

hey mate did you ever get anywhere with this?

im having a similar dilemma trying to repair or replace the exhaust on my mk1 

I just replaced the centre section of our 04 1.3 yaris for £120 fitted by a local exhaust centre. I could have fitted it myself for £70 but it is a messy job to do yourself under the car. They switched the O2 sensor from the old exhaust. On the 1.3 the cat is a large seperate cylinder above the the exhaust that bolts up to it. I hate to think what a genuine Toyota exhaust would cost.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:57 PM, 600rob said:

hey mate did you ever get anywhere with this?

im having a similar dilemma trying to repair or replace the exhaust on my mk1 

I got a custom made exhaust for £350. Told them that I wanted it to look & sound OEM and it very much does so I am very happy & quids in.

• Like 1