Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Replacement D4D

Colourd

Hi Everyone

Looks like my Battery is showing its age, showing standing state of around 11.2v after a few days stood

Anyway, I believe its needs an 096, is it a straight swap, no messing  or do the remotes need some procedure done ?

Thanks

Can't promise but I replaced the Battery on my then 57 plate Avensis 2.2 myself - no problems with fobs or head unit.

• Thanks 1

Update

Could have been a false alarm

I have a cigarette lighter plug type digital volt meter, that stays there all the time, which I took the 11.2V reading from

I thought I best do a proper volt test direct off the Battery, before I set off to get a new one, managed to ind a digital tester in the shed, and that said 12.49V, so seems ok after all ??

Why the huge difference in readings I dont know, apart from the ignition has to be on for the cigarette light one to work

As a first check, I'd redo the test across the Battery with the digital tester, and immediately then do the same across the Battery with your digital cigarette lighter meter.  This should show any variation between the two digital readings.  I have a similar ciggie digital meter and IIRC it reads 0.1-0.2 volts less than my multi-meter.

Well done in not having to rush out to buy a new Battery, although they do of course have a finite life

Hi,

Interesting as had been meaning to do a voltage check on my Battery for a while, so just checked both voltage points with a known good DVM.

Battery terminals 12.60v   Cig lighter 12.14v

As Notoyboy says, you need to check your cig volt meter against your dvm, like thermometers, its surprising how they all vary.

Also to power the cig lighter you have to switch the basic ign on, so that causes a slight voltage drop, but the rest will probably be down to the old wiring where the fuses and connectors presents a greater resistance as they age.

Ensuring your  Battery terminals are clean underneath and also the ground cable that goes onto the wing by the side of the battery is not corroded are the ones likely to offer the most resistance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links