Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 2.2d4d 134bhp dpf?

Mattch5150

Hi guys I'm looking at a 58 plate rav 4 2.2 d4d manual. Its actually a 2009 model. Do you think it is likely to be dpf free? If not I don't want it

Thanks for your time

I have an 06 2.2 dcat. The dpf just failed at a cost of 2000Eur. I was very happy with the 56 petrol version but wouldn’t recommend the Diesel engine. 

15 hours ago, Mattch5150 said:

Hi guys I'm looking at a 58 plate rav 4 2.2 d4d manual. Its actually a 2009 model. Do you think it is likely to be dpf free? If not I don't want it

Thanks for your time

As I understand a DPF has been fitted as standard since 2010. Between 2006 and 2010 only those cars with higher emissions were fitted with a DPF - this includes the T180, SR180 and as well as those fitted with an automatic gearbox, Such engines are designated D-CAT rather than D4D - so a 58 plate 2.2 D4D should be DPF free ...

I'm now on my second D-CAT - no problems at all with either ... 😉

Brilliant,  thanks for your time.i need to check if it was one of the ones with the head gasket problem etc that Toyota offered rebuilds on too. 

6 minutes ago, Mattch5150 said:

Brilliant,  thanks for your time.i need to check if it was one of the ones with the head gasket problem etc that Toyota offered rebuilds on too. 

It is ... all 2.2 diesels between 2006 and 2008/9 have that potential issue but the numbers / percentage affected are 'small'. You can check with a Toyota dealer to find out whether a specific vehicle has already had an engine replacement.

The one I'm looking at has done 86000. Its very nice , will check it out. 

The goodwill arrangement for head gasket and oil consumption issues covered the vehicle for a period of 7 years or 111,846 miles, whichever came first, from first registration. All affected vehicles are now beyond this coverage.

My gf bought the car. In beautiful condition.  No mess of any kind under oil filler, brakes new and not warped. Its a 2009 2.2 d4d xtr,  from a dealer I've used lots over last 20years. They gave me full 12 month warranty. Will extend after that.  

11 hours ago, Mattch5150 said:

On a RAV those potentially affected (but only a small % actually develop the issue) RAV4 with 2AD (Prod. Date: Jul 2005 to Dec 2008