Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav fault after battery change.

StuCurr62

Hi All

I own a 2011 Avensis saloon. After discovering a fault with the Battery , I had the AA install a new Battery. Everything appeared to be fine until I tried to enter a postcode into the Sat Nav.

It would not accept any input , but a message is displayed informing " No data for the selected Country".

The unit was working fine prior to the changing of the Battery. Can any one please help.

Hi Stuart, which system do you have?

Hi Scott

It's the TN S510 . The screen works fine and is showing accurate information. It wont allow me to input a destination or postcode. I get a message informing that no data available for selected country.

The selected country is set as the UK.

I tried the sat nav using a previous saved destination and this worked okay. I'm not sure if the Battery change has screwed up the SD card or if the problem is more serious.

All other settings for example bluetooth phone etc are working okay.

I would be very grateful for any information.

Cheers .

Hi Stuart, I never had a TNS510 - does it have any form of reset?

When did you last have the mapping updated? You could possibly kill 2 birds with 1 stone as you can buy a new sd card with latest mapping (no doubt counterfeit/cracked rather than genuine) for under £30 on eBay ... If the problem isn't the card though you will be down £30.

Hi Scott

I had only recently bought a new sd card . I tried putting the old one back in and it works. This tells me that the new card is goosed.

Thanks for your reply and best wishes.

Hi Stuart, thanks for coming back with that update. At least we now know where the issue lies.