Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power steering fault on 2011 Aygo

Erwego

The PS light has come on.  Replaced the Battery and cleared the code and all was well for a couple of days but it is now back on.  It's looking like a fault in the power steering ECU as unplugging the power cable resets it for a short time.  Can anyone tell me how to get it out?  There is a bottom bolt that is easy enough but the top bolt would really need the lower dash on the drivers side removed.  Can anyone help me with instructions for it's removal.  Also can a second hand unit be installed without programming?

I assume your steering has become quite heavy - i.e. no power assistance?

If all else is fine then its most probably the ECU you mention. This can be a real pain to remove but can be done without removing the dash. Just need to feel your way to locate the screws I think there are 2/3 screws to remove. A like for like replacement ECU should work without needing any programming. Good Luck!

Cheers Mic.  I ended up having to remove the upper dashboard.  The lower dash is bolted to a heavy strengthening bar under the dashboard. Even at that it still needs stuff moved to get at the upper bolt.

I'm awaiting a replacement ECU from eBay. We have a local electronic wiz who can repair the ECU but the relays are no longer stocked by Farnell so it will be a couple of weeks to get them.