Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how can i tension the alternator belt on toyota avensis 06 estate d4d 2.0l

sauter

My car battery died couple of days ago, i manage to charge it and i was trying to test the charging system..

car: toyota avensis 06 estate d4d 2.0l 

once started i put the car on a load (high beam high, a/c on, whipers on, and revved to 2000 rpm.. at that point my voltmeter readed only 10.9v.

At this point the main *and more expensive problem seems to be the alternator.. 

the alternator belt squeaks a bit, so i wanted to tension it a bit, but i can't find anywere how to do it..

any help? (with pics if possible)

Hi sauter,

06 is on the change for the 2.0 diesel engine, do you know which one yours has?

Ian

It has indicators on the mirrors, so it should be the MK2.. does the pulley tensioner need tweaking usually?

At the moment it appears that to tension it I would need to jack up the car, remove the bottom cover and tweak with the pulley tensioner from below (due to lack of space from above).. the problem is that I cannot find anywhere which bolt I should turn, or in which direction.. 

Facelift model had 1AD engine and it's auto tensioning on a sprung idler pulley. If that's not doing its job I think replacement is the only option.

Ian