Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tail lights

kblevis

Greetings,Members and a Happy New Year.

Gentlemen,is there a LED stop/tail bulb made to fit my 2013 RAV4 Toyota 2.2 4D,as against the normal incandescent type?I'd appreciate

any answers from a member if it is possible to fit one or even if there is such a bulb.Many thanks for your expertise or advice,regards,kblevis.

afaik there isn't a legal one (there almost certainly is one in that fitment bit it won't be road legal).

Heidfirst.Many thanks for your rapid answer. Bit of a shame really as they were fitted in  my previous RAV4. All the best,regards,kblevis.

1 hour ago, kblevis said:

Bit of a shame really as they were fitted in  my previous RAV4.

Down to the legislation - if the complete lamp unit hasn't been certificated for use with LED it isn't legal to install them for use on road (it is legal to sell LED bulbs in the UK - the offence is carried out by the person installing/using not the vendor) & under the new MOT rules it should fail (if it gets picked up).

If the lamp unit has been certificated with LED then it should be so marked & you would be OK to retrofit LED bulbs.