Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise from clutch after 70% pressed

redbullah

Hello friends,
I have a manual transmission 2007 Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4D hatchback. Replaced the clutch few days ago (original AISIN brand). I hear a 'tatatata' type of noise (like something is loose or shaky, not really loud but also not ignorable) from transmission/clutch region under these circumstances:
- Car is moving at any speed, in any gear.
- Gas pedal released (or pressed, does not matter),
- Start pressing clutch pedal: starting from around 70% pressed to all the way down (including fully pressed), the noise is heard.
Or,
- In normal cruise, in any gear, reduce gas (not cut off completely), as rev keeps being reduced, at some point, same noise is heard.
Also,
- Single 'tk' sound is heard twice (while pressing and releasing clutch pedal) while changing gears regularly (since clutch is passing that point).
It is like there is a sweet spot of clutch engagement point that generates the sound. Noise was there before I replaced the clutch but it is amplified since then.
What may be the cause?
Best regards.

What parts of the total clutch assembly did you replace?????

and who did the job???

Sounds like the release bearing has chosen to finally retire after all the years of hard work. Seen once that half of the release cover was shattered and it made the same noise but it's very, very rare to see that.

As Catlover wrote, which parts exactly were changed? If it was only the clutch disc then now you understand why it's common to replace pretty much everything in there when doing the clutch since:

1) old parts sometimes don't play well with brand new parts

2) it's easier and cheaper to do it just once instead of going for service twice to replace everything else.

If the whole kit was replaces (clutch disc, release disc/cover, release fork, release bearing, maybe even the flywheel) then it's a problem of installation and the result is the same - the whole thing has to come apart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links