Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

more auris problems

brainii

26 minutes ago, alan333 said:

Have you checked the vents behind the bumper as mentioned earlier in this thread? 

Yes, and it's not the vents.

8 hours ago, brainii said:

Yes, and it's not the vents.

How did you check them if you don't mind me asking?  

the vents are clearly visible from the inside of the boot when you remove the cover for the tyre jack.

water hosing on the outside shows no water coming in.

5 hours ago, brainii said:

the vents are clearly visible from the inside of the boot when you remove the cover for the tyre jack.

water hosing on the outside shows no water coming in.

When driving along, road water is thrown upwards from the rear tyres, so might not be apparent when hosing the car.  I've had this problem on an Avensis and a Focus - neither let in water when hosing but the vents turned out to be the problem.  The Avensis soaked the whole inside of the quarter panel and filled the spare wheel well, the Focus soaked the boot carpet but only at one side at the front, as well as the bottom of the rear seat back, but bizzarely didn't fill the spare wheel well.

Dry it out, then put talcum powder around the vents and go for a drive in the rain.  Hopefully the talc will show run marks from the water.  I'm happy to be wrong but it's an easy check since you don't even need to remove the side boot liners in your particular car.

7 hours ago, alan333 said:

Dry it out, then put talcum powder around the vents and go for a drive in the rain.  Hopefully the talc will show run marks from the water.  I'm happy to be wrong but it's an easy check since you don't even need to remove the side boot liners in your particular car.

that's a pretty interesting idea and I will try it out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links