Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement for factory tweeters?

nielshm

I just upgraded all 4 Speakers, but what after marker tweeter can replace the factory tweeter? I had a look today, and it looks strange. Some small springs holds it in place, and doesnt looks like it just can be replaced. 

Any one with experience? 

if you dont need the original Speakers again then i would remove the oem tweeter from the housing

and fit your new tweeters in the old housing with the springs

2 hours ago, eygo said:

if you dont need the original speakers again then i would remove the oem tweeter from the housing

and fit your new tweeters in the old housing with the springs

4 very thin wires are going to the OEM tweeter, and end up in a plug. 

Any other after market tweeter dont require more than 2 wires, so it's a bit change. 

I will take a photo, coming up....

here is a wiring diagram for a 6 speaker audio system

i know its from a ct but the ct had the same wiring format.

i think the Speakers are wired in series so 2 wires go in and

2 wires come out to the next speaker.

have to agree with you its a bit strange the setup.

6 speaker audio wiring diagram.jpg

Interesting post and very useful information.

So since this is about audio, I am looking at upgrading the sound as it is rather poor.

My questions:
1. What is door speaker size front and rear?
2. What radio can I replace my OEM one that will enable me to continue to use the steering wheel buttons?
3. What Speakers did you upgrade to and how hard was to do the install yourself?

Apologies for hijacking your post.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

The 2015/2016 Auris uses 6.5" Speakers in front and rear. The install is easy, wiring to the front is 2.5 mm2, and 1.5 mm2 to the back. I got 3 meters speaker cable and loose fittings, and made cables my self. 2x40 cm cable per Speakers is more than enough. 

I got a rather cheap set of MDS FR6, but anything is better than factory Speakers

There is plenty of room inside the door to fit sound proff material, don't forget to do so. Access is easy once the old speaker is removed. 

One thing I noticed... The inside of the door is wet, the rubber strib along the window allows rain to drop inside the door, and it will hit your speakers. I dont know if the speakers can take it, I thought about fitting a piece of plastic inside the door, as a "roof", so water drops wont hit the speakers directly. 

• Like 1

This is what the OEM tweeter look like. Is there anything that can replace it? Both right and left tweeter has a plug with 4 wires. 

20190119_104310.jpg

20190119_104303.jpg

I found this link that provides some information. http://www.corollaforum.com/threads/tweeter-install-advice.6092/

I'm just not sure what to do with the wires... must the two positives be joined in one new plug and the two negatives also in one new plug, wich are connected to the new tweeter?

Hi,

As per that other thread, you need to test those four wires to see which  are paired by the socket, you will have to be careful as if you get it wrong you will create a dead short that could blow the head unit / amplifier.

What is not clear from that thread is if the plug and socket unit on the tweeter contains a cross over, which is designed to pass only low frequency sounds to the woofer, which could be detrimental to your new Speakers as it may not get the full range it needs.

Not sure about the ' MDS FR6 ' Speakers you fitted seems little detail about them, but looks as it they have an inbuilt tweeter, so do you really need to replace the stock ones as well ?   

What do the new Speakers sound like with the Toyota tweeters connected , then disconnected ?

As for moisture and speakers, avoid at all costs, so put a protective layer above and behind each speaker if its already damp, preferably replace the rubber seal if its leaking, also make sure the door bottom drain holes are clear so any water coming inside the door has an escape route.

• 4 years later...

I was hoping someone could help. I  recently got an 08 Auris, I noticed my driver door tweeter and main speaker is not working. I removed the door panel and found that the tweeter has been removed. Would the tweeter not being connected be causing the main speaker not to work as well? I know the tweeter and main speaker have their own connections but is it possible to missing tweeter is somehow causing this or is the main speaker in need of replacing? Regardless if there is a tweeter or not

Tweeters are connected in parallel with main Speakers, so if the tweeter is burnt or not connected, main speaker should work.

First check with an ohmmeter this main speaker, then check the door wiring inside the rubber grommet from door to pillar, but if anything still OK check again with ohmmeter directly at the connector backside of radio.