Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear speakers are very quiet

nielshm

I just changed all 4 Speakers. When I move the balance from front to rear, the rear Speakers are much more quiet than the front ones. 

The same thing happened with factory fitted Speakers

Is it the headunit, TOUCH 2, that is adjusted in this stupid way? Is there any way to to correct this?  Sitting in the rear doesnt sound near as good, as in the front seat. 

Moved to the Auris club

Hi Niels

yes thats the way it is quiet in the rear and louder in the front this seems to be across all manufacturers

i tend to move the fader towards the rear until i can just hear the rear Speakers when sitting in the front

i feel it gives a nicer sound.

3 hours ago, eygo said:

Hi Niels

yes thats the way it is quiet in the rear and louder in the front this seems to be across all manufacturers

i tend to move the fader towards the rear until i can just hear the rear speakers when sitting in the front

i feel it gives a nicer sound.

The wires going to the rear Speakers are only half the thickness than the ones going to the front..

If I move the fader towards the rear, I need to raise to overall volume to get the same output. My volume is set at 30 (60 max) to suppress road noise. If the fader is adjusted, volume level is about 40 the get the same feeling. 

• 4 weeks later...

I changed Speakers to my 2014 and also noted how much better front ones are compared to rear ones. I guess its way how head unit amp is configured and there is nothing to gain by changing thicker wires on these low watts what we are dealing with stock unit.

i have thought to buy 4 channel DSP amp, that would solve the problem, maybe. Maybe because there are probably no RCA outputs on the stock unit and DSP amp then would try to make rears better from high input. But, rear Speakers seems to get so thin sound that i would not except that DSP amp could start making sounds what just arent there. 

I really dislike how bad is stock sound system on Auris and we dont even get JBL option here at Finland to Auris.

Bit of a bodge but how about swapping the front and rear feeds?