Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2005 d4d blower not working

Millersman

Hi, please help....

My avensis 2005 d4ds blower isn't working, nothing at all comes through.

When I turn the heater on I can hear it click under the glove box and when I turn it off I hear it click off.

No heat either but one thing at a time :-)

checked fuses and I've cleaned the cooling system and put fresh coolant in.

my poor old mum is driving my car ATM to work and she's freezing...

Remove the glove box to gain access to the blower and check the electrical connections. This part may have water ingress over it's life and so it's possible that the connections have oxidised. Sometimes a little wiggle can sort it out, other times you'd need an electrical connection cleaner or something of that sort.

This was the issue for me as these cars have a bit of a bad design right where the opening under the cowl is for the air intake. If it's pouring rain or a lot of snow builds up there and suddenly starts melting, the water will get down there, through the filter and into the blower motor. That's also why they like to squeak/squeel when they're older.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at the connections and hopefully that's the issue.

Can you think of anything else that could cause this issue as if it isn't I'll be back to stage 1.

Do you know of a Haynes manual for this year? I can only find ones going up to 2003!?

Moved to the Avensis club. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links