Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Light

mickandjanet

Tyre warning light on dash on, cant see anything wrong with tyre pressures, how do you cancel ?

Lucky you. Whenever it comes on in my Yaris it's the nearside front shredded by another pothole,  last week was 3rd replacement in a year 

Use the reset button

Difficult to find.

Underneath the trim above the pedals.  Flimsy bracket with a small plunger button.  Make sure your tyre pressures are correct, then switch on the ignition and press and hold the button to reset and re-learn.

Mick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mick F said:

Difficult to find.

Underneath the trim above the pedals.  Flimsy bracket with a small plunger button.  Make sure your tyre pressures are correct, then switch on the ignition and press and hold the button to reset and re-learn.

Mick.

Why DID they put it there ?

Thanks all for replies, will visit my local tyre service garage for an all round check and reset for peace of mind, again many thanks

42 minutes ago, Jonmartin said:

For the same reason they put the USB port in the damn glove box!

2 hours ago, Jonmartin said:

Goodness knows.  In order for me to press the button ............... let alone find the damned thing .................. I have to kneel down outside the car.  No doubt I could press it whilst sitting in the driving seat, but not actually seeing it or knowing exactly where it is, it's not easy.

Mick.

PS: The USB port on ours is next to the cigar lighter socket, just below the heating and ventilation controls.

• Like 1

What Mike F said, it is a black button with SET in white letters next to it and yeah goodness knows why it is under there! 

10 hours ago, Jonmartin said:

because in normal use you shouldn't need it so it is reasonable to put it somewhere that is not accessible by mistake.

In that case they sure picked the right spot then lol, just anyone real old going looking for it may find it but not get back up in a hurry, could have put in a bit higher up or near the auto head light switch or i am just starting to get old lol. 

You won't be pressing it whilst driving, so why not have it where you can't reach but in full view?  Why have such a flimsy bracket which seems like an afterthought?

Mick.