Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking for PID codes for Auris hybrid 2010

iangame

Hi, I'm interested in looking at the hybrid Battery condition by using an app 'Torque Pro' that runs on Android. It connects to the car using OBD-II via Blutooth. There are a lot of youtube videos showing how this is done on examples from The USA Prius models which are of course different to the UK built and specified vehicles. This example at about 2 minutes in shows the voltage of each Battery set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irddAVZaJb4

At present I can only access things like vacuum, water temp, accelerator depression and so on. Interesting but not what I am after.

Does anyone know of the similarities or differences between the variants of the Toyota Hybrid range? I would have thought that a lot was common for  the power train?

Thanks

I don't have an answer to that question, but, you might like to try the apps 'Hybrid Assistant' (free) or 'Doctor Prius' (free - but payment for further features).

The second one offers Battery testing as well, but at extra cost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerg said:

I don't have an answer to that question, but, you might like to try the apps 'Hybrid Assistant' (free) or 'Doctor Prius' (free - but payment for further features).

The second one offers battery testing as well, but at extra cost.

Thanks Greg, I will investigate those options.

You are welcome.  'Hybrid Assistant' is a must-have if you are at all interested in what's going on beyond the limited dash info.  There's so much there you'll want someone else to drive the car whilst you study the displays, so as not to get distracted! 

Hybrid Assistant seems to work fine with the ELM OBDII adapter that I bought for 'Torque', the Dr Hybrid app seems a bit more picky, it complains about the adapter, but seems to work anyway.

I believe that it is the middle cells of the pack that are most likely to age first, they get the least cooling effect from the fan and consequently run a little hotter.

Hybrid Assistant allows you to test out the Battery fan, as well as showing the overall Battery temperature.

Hi again, seems that the adaptor has an old OBD protocol so may I ask where you bought the one that works please? Mine was from Amazon and is as you described but Dr Prius gives a comprehensive error report saying 'read VIN I/O error broken pipe'. Reading round reports on the Amazon product people say that the firmware is not up to date so cant read all the codes, that is why I only see water temp etc.

Thanks

Hi, mine was from Amazon, bought two years ago for use with the Torque app.  (At the time i was looking for the relevant PIDs too).  When I discovered Hybrid Assistant some while later, the same adapter worked, although it sometimes needs re-plugging or a phone reboot to get it to initially connect properly.

It would seem that the Dr. Prius app is the most demanding on the OBD2 adapter.  Did you spot the link in the app describing how to choose the ideal dongle, and the testing that they have done to check compatibilty with the app?.  It is quite thorough.

I'm sure you know, but just in case you don't, that leaving the OBD2 adapter plugged in to the car can flatten the 12v. Battery if left parked for several days.

I am using this one (photo), but it's likely been superceded/updated now:

P1110216.JPG

Thanks Gerg, very helpful info there. I am receiving a refund on the one I bought off Amazon so now I know what to look for I may have more luck next time!

About leaving it plugged in, yes I am always aware of Battery drain and anyway the Blutooth access is possibly a security hazard (though why anyone would want to pinch my car is a mystery!)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after a trial with 3 of these OBD II devices the last one finally works! The links in the dr prius were the one that provided a link to a reliable adaptor, so thanks Gerg for recommending that. It was from Amazon and is the 'Panlong bluetooth OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scanner Reader ELM 327 Check Engine Light for Android - Work with Torque Pro/Lite' .

All 14 Battery packs show up with temp voltage etc. I will spend more time looking into this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links