Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior fuse box location

Rosgoe

Hi all

went to replace number plate light bulb on my 2006 T180 rav 4, now it looks like the fuse has blown as the rear lights and front fogs aren't working and according to the  manuel this fuse is also the one for the number plate light. But I can't locate the interior fuse box have looked under dash by the OBD socket where according tho u tube videos is where it should be but I'm blowed if I can see it have looked under both sides of dash and taken the glove box out nothing! The owners manuel is as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

please help

So, the fuse that controls the lights has blown... It's the middle of the night on a cold and rainy pitch black country road. Any vehicle manufactuer would have that fuse box in an easily accessable place with a large label on the cover stating 'Vehicle FUSES'... just so any driver not familiar with the vehicle could find it in double quick time.  It's Health & Safety... you can't be stuck out in the middle of the night playing... 'guess where the fuse box is?' when you have no rear lights!  Perhaps I could get a job with Toyota @ $50,000 a year suggesting the obvious!

1 hour ago, daveh_rav4 said:

So, the fuse that controls the lights has blown... It's the middle of the night on a cold and rainy pitch black country road. Any vehicle manufactuer would have that fuse box in an easily accessable place with a large label on the cover stating 'Vehicle FUSES'... just so any driver not familiar with the vehicle could find it in double quick time.  It's Health & Safety... you can't be stuck out in the middle of the night playing... 'guess where the fuse box is?' when you have no rear lights!  Perhaps I could get a job with Toyota @ $50,000 a year suggesting the obvious!

1 hour ago, daveh_rav4 said:

Yes good old toyota good job the auris is more reliable. luckily I have at last found it. You have to drop the cardboard cover underneath the near side drivers footwell below the glovebox and low and behold there it is! 

I did find it in the owners manuel where the location is but doesn't tell you how to access it worked it out for myself, shame haynes don't do a manuel for this model.

Pleased to hear that you have it sorted... as I stated, not the sort of thing you want to have to search for.  I have come across this before... it must be a generational thing because we rarely had this problem years ago!  It's a mindset... "I designed the 'thing', I know where it is/how it works, why should I explain it to people who don't know!"  Perhaps designers with this mindset are hoping for an addional fee for explaining what should be a given? LOL

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links