Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Code Question

GlenPowel

I have an old 2005 Toyota Corolla 1.6 VVT-i and I need to disconnect the Battery. Can anyone please confirm if the original standard radio W58814 will require a code input after I have reconnected the Battery?

I've had conflicting opinions as to whether or not they are security coded and prefer to check before risking it as a radio code was not passed on to me when I purchased the car.

Hi,

No  code needed, though you will have to re-tune afterwards.

If you leave the Battery disconnected for too long the ECU may reset and goes into learning mode, which means the first few miles afterwards will be rather erratic , partic at tickover

• 2 weeks later...

Why does the Radio hold the initial Radio stations from when first tuned? I see the Radio looses all the stations when disconnected from the power, but it does appear to revert to some stations which seem to be imprinted on the Radio memory which is really weird because some work, and some don't. I would have expected all the stations to be missing?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links