Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibrating noise - passenger side

Perfection

Hello to all the regular posters!

I know I have been away from this club for a long time since I sold my Yaris....

But it's time to come back with regards to the Verso...

I don't know if anyone experienced loud vibrating noise around the area of the passengers side between footwell to the windscreen pillar. The noise appears around idle and around 1400 rpm.

Tracking the noise source is difficult I know, but I don't think it's bearing noise from the engine or gear box. Before I take the trims apart I wonder anyone got any thoughts?

I had a very similar issue and it turned out to be the air filter intake hose. There is a foam seal between the intake hose and the air filter box - this deteriorates over time and allows the hose to rub against box, the vibrating noise is caused by induction pulses . It’s an easy fix, remove the air filter and then remove the bottom of the air box by three 10mm bolts. As you pull the box out, you will see the intake host on the right hand side coming from the front wing - and hopefully a deteriorated seal. I wrapped some insulating tape around the tube and then wedged it back into the air box. I hope this sorts your issue as it’s a really easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks lozza, I will try and look at when the weather is dryer. Thanks for the pointer.

16 hours ago, lozza2702 said:

I had a very similar issue and it turned out to be the air filter intake hose. There is a foam seal between the intake hose and the air filter box - this deteriorates over time and allows the hose to rub against box, the vibrating noise is caused by induction pulses . It’s an easy fix, remove the air filter and then remove the bottom of the air box by three 10mm bolts. As you pull the box out, you will see the intake host on the right hand side coming from the front wing - and hopefully a deteriorated seal. I wrapped some insulating tape around the tube and then wedged it back into the air box. I hope this sorts your issue as it’s a really easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had just the same problem, only in my case it was a roaring noise between 1500 and 2000 rpm. Mr T told me it was a standard issue with the Verso. He fixed it by replacing the foam seal.

Thanks for the help. I have opened the air filter box and I saw a large moving gap on the plastic pipe to the box. I have stuffed some soft rubber tape around it and is now fixed. I didn't need to remove the three 10mm bolts.