Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Corolla Hatchback

zetor

Quite like the look of the new 2019 Corolla, does anyone "in the know" know when they will start making left hand drive models for Europe?

1.  Where's all the other posts gone?

2.  My local dealer is getting the showroom model next week, supposedly 29 Jan, and the demo model two days later.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, olddriver said:

1.  Where's all the other posts gone?

2.  My local dealer is getting the showroom model next week, supposedly 29 Jan, and the demo model two days later.

Do You mean these ?

• 3 weeks later...

I notice there's now a half-functional new Corolla configurator on the Toyota UK website, but still no full details of specs nor a pukka brochure.

I appreciate you are not in the UK, but the dealers here have no brochures either, even though the hatchback has been available for purchase/test drives by the public for a week.

The UK Touring Sports launch is reckoned to be the first week of March, says the salesman.

I went to my local dealer and they had the hybrid and petrol Corolla's, the hybrid was the top of the range called "Premium" and was more then €32,000 but was the only model with BSM and RCTA, which I really wanted, so for slightly less money  I could buy the C-HR Hybrid so my deposit went on that:)

Went and had a look last week. Looks nice but gtound clearance looks low? Very nice interior. Didn't drive it. Had some good deals but I really wouldn't want to go above Icon and you can only get the really smart looking bi-tone in Excel which is also has bigger wheels to lower the ride standard and fuel economy. Why do they do that? and the price is a lot more for very little else. There is a Design model between Icon and Excel but no bi-tone paint. All models have a lot of tech with all the new stuff like self park, lane departure, road sign recognition etc. etc.

The other thing I don't understand is there aren't any "proper" reviews out yet in the motoring media. Oh, yes, still no Apple i play or Android auto.

Depends really when Toyota releases models for the media to review. To date reviews have largely been of the US version.

4 hours ago, dcweather said:

Looks nice but gtound clearance looks low?

better for aerodynamics & hence fuel economy

which is also has bigger wheels to lower the ride standard and fuel economy. Why do they do that?

because the UK market either by choice or design seems to go for looks over practicality ... 🙄

Oh, yes, still no Apple i play or Android auto.

On the Toyota UK blog the other week they did mention that they were working on CarPlay for Multimedia17 (updated/graded Touch2). & I see that in the US they are apparently also going to get Android Auto for Entune3.