Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius rear parking sensors have stopped working

Marwan Al Zoubi

Dears,

kindly, i'm new on prius, i have prius 2010, and i have an issue with the reverse sensors it is not working and not beebs, there are only one beeb just once gear goes into reverse mode.

do u have any idea where to check the sensor device ? or Speakers ? or how to check where is the issue ?

Thanks in advance

Some systems have an on/off switch located in or behind the boot lining to disable the system if required. 

• Like 1

what do u mean with boot ?

do u mean the fuse control under the steering or at the front of the car beside the hybrid engine ?

Can you check this article please, because i tried to find this tiny switch but with no luck !

Boot is English for trunk.  (Two countries divided by a common language. 😂)

2 hours ago, Marwan Al Zoubi said:

what do u mean with boot ?

We are a UK based club, so the use of UK terms, etc will tend to be used in preference to others. 

• Like 1

Also, what it true of the UK spec might not be true in other countries.

Something for owners in other/non-UK countries to consider.

mmmmm, i got it 😄

Actually, i'm from Jordan/MEA, and my car is europe car (Europe specs).

Can anyone from you share with the boot image and the tiny switch mentioned in the article, so i can understand the english (uk) language 😄 

Regards,

So you want a photo of the boot area where the switch is, so you can find it in your car. I am sure someone can do that for you.

Not a photo i'm afraid and making assumptions but if you have a EU spec car the presence of sensors in the bumper does not always mean you have parking sensors Gen 3 Prius could have IPA (intelligent park assist) which allows semi autonomous parking of the car these sensors are not traditional parking distance sensors that beep as you approach obstacles.

Afaik Gen 3 Parking sensors where always an accessory fit part and not a factory integrated part see: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{E48FB351-9D50-6BDA-5742-43B9929F9D50}/Prius TPA Rear PZ464-G3420-B0 AIM 001 481-2 06DE3045B.pdf

If it has park assist then it must be a T-Spirit.