Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can you tell which trim level

salahunreal

Hi,

Looking to buy an almost new RAV4 in auction but there is no much details about the car there. I asked what trim level the car have and they do not know. So wondering if someone can tell by the pictures 

Some info about the car

Adaptive cruise control Anti-skid system Anti-spin Back camera bluetooth CD-Stereo Electric lifts Electric fold-in rear-view mirrors Electric mirrors Electric seat driver's seat Replacement warning device Remote lock Trip computer Isofix brackets Keyless-go Climate control LED / xenon light Parking sensors front and rear front and rear Passenger airbag Disconnectable steering wheel Heating sensors Front and rear front and rear Passenger airbag disengageable Steering wheel heater Rain sensor Chair heating Front airbag disconnectable Steering wheel heating Rain sensor Chair heating Front airbag disengageable Steering wheel heating Rain sensor Chair heating Front or rear airbag

Thanks

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg

From the pictures I can deduce that it is not a UK spec car - the steering wheel is on the wrong side ... 😉

Are those Swedish plates? If so you will need someone who knows the Swedish market to advise further.

It is also clearly a hybrid. In the UK the hybrid was sold in two forms - front wheel drive and all wheel drive - the later having an additional rear electric motor; both variants were available at the same trim levels (so trim level isn't necessarily sufficient to discriminate). That is something you may want to clarify before buying.

50 minutes ago, philip42h said:

From the pictures I can deduce that it is not a UK spec car - the steering wheel is on the wrong side ... 😉

Are those Swedish plates? If so you will need someone who knows the Swedish market to advise further.

It is also clearly a hybrid. In the UK the hybrid was sold in two forms - front wheel drive and all wheel drive - the later having an additional rear electric motor; both variants were available at the same trim levels (so trim level isn't necessarily sufficient to discriminate). That is something you may want to clarify before buying.

Bingo... yes this is not UK car haha.. and you are correct. Its in Sweden. 

I do not think its AWD as the auction site would mention this. and yes this is hybrid "RAV4 2.5 HSD (197HK)"

I was trying to determine if its Life, Active, Style or executive (Sweden market which corresponds to Icon, Design, Excel and Dynamic in UK). Or maybe these trim levels for  RAV4 2019 and RAV4 2018 has different trim levels?

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

levels.jpg

uk.jpg

The 2018 MY & 2019 MY are different vehicles so the trim levels between them are also going to be different & similarly I am not sure that Swedish & UK trim levels are directly comparable. If you can find a 2018 Swedish brochure for RAV4 try looking at the wheel designs for different trims - in the UK they were usually quite distinctively different e.g. see https://www.inchcapetoyota.co.uk/~/media/aee4bcf2111743bf8ef1535ff29c6fb8.pdf/ (the ones in the photo I don't think are familiar to me so may not have been offered in the UK).

Looking at the wheels, upholstery & a CD player with no mention of satnav I would be thinking towards the lower end but it has front fogs, roof rails & electric driver's seat which would suggest further up...

As I said though UK spec/trims may not = Swedish ..

I don't think the 2019 model year specs will help that much since that is a totally different model but your comparison does suggest that Sweden and the UK may not be too far apart.

Going back to the 2018 model year, IIRC the top of the range Excel trim came with full leather seats which I don't see in your picture so it looks more like Icon or Design but I can't think how you might be able to distinguish between those two just by 'looking'.

Overview of the 2018 RAV4 trim levels in the UK here on Toyota media. Available trim levels were Icon, Icon Tech, Design and Excel. You may be able to find a Swedish equivalent ...

In the UK, Toyota dealers have access to a database which includes the registration number.  If the same is true in Sweden, any Toyota dealer ought to be able to tell you the trim level of the car.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Its been really helpful. I have tried asking Toyota center here about that car but they could not tell as the car was sold by another dealer so they have access to the cars they sold only. I asked if I can get a copy of 2018 RAV4 and they found one for me so things started getting clear here.

Swedish trim levels for RAV4 2018 are as below from lowest as Life to highest as executive 

Life, Active, X-Edition and Executive.

Based on the look of the alloy wheel and the size 18 inch (Life and Active came with 17")

Upholstery with partial leather (Life and Active are 100 fabric while executive is 100% leather)

and some other items I forgot as I read the whole manual haha but yeah this is confirmed that it is X-Edition trim level. 

If I managed with the bidding on this car then I would be missing only the 360 camera, blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert which came by default with the Executive level or as extra packet for X-Edition if you have ordered it from the factory which I don't think it was. Nothing in the ad description talked about 360 monitor but anyway I can live with that 😄

The GPS come by default with all trims I think for the RAV4 2018 Swedish as the broucher that I got with all trim levels said nothing at all about GSP and maps so I assume its there but from the UK manual that @Heidfirst provided, I found its on all trims except optional on Active

Bidding ends on This Sunday night, so I will see if I will get it. Kinda excited but couple of featuers that I can find on SKoda Karoq or Kodiaq for same price level and not avalible with Toyota

1- backseats AC and heated  seats

2- Motor and car heater with remote control or time based

3- Auto parking (Its just cool I think :P)

plus all what this RAV4 offer (except the RAV4 is hybrid) and a bit more but everyone is telling me to go for Toyota if planning to keep the car for long time.

Wanted to thank you all for your kind help. I can tell how much the car can be evaluated now.

image.png.bc56217217e89767827c4341a4ef3819.png