Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

seat covers

valentino46

Hello all. can anyone recommend a pair of front seat covers that would be ok for a 2012 avensis tourer please.....  Thanks 

I don't use seat covers, but try the following - https://www.micksgarage.com/d/seat-covers/toyota/toyota-avensis/avensis-estate-2009-onwards/products

My reason is because of the airbags. Now most claim to be safe with airbags, but you need to be careful!

if it's the 2012 with active head restraints you can't easily remove the headrest so you need 1 piece covers.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:03 AM, Heidfirst said:

if it's the 2012 with active head restraints you can't easily remove the headrest so you need 1 piece covers.

Scott, out of curiosity I checked my '58 plate 2009 MK3 Tourer.

First I used a screwdriver to release the head restraint. 20190125_111109.thumb.jpg.f4977c34ef54bfa40ccff52666ce0481.jpg

Then I raised the restraint out of the seat.20190125_111039_003.thumb.jpg.542f06538e76844becd327ea9f4b531f.jpg

You can now see the cables attached to the supports.

Restraint fully removed 20190125_111022.thumb.jpg.69a8f6c5acf9dc91cf7cd585e7ac4ea8.jpg

I didn't go any further. This was to show why it's best not to remove the head restraint. 

It seems my car has the active head. My car is TR spec.

Hi Konrad, yes, seat covers with a separate head restraint cover require the head restraint to be fully removed so that the seatback cover can be fitted - not easy on a T27 with active restraints. (the restraints on my 2017 are different from my 2012 though)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links