Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Used Auris questions

albapa

I am looking to buy a used Auris estate car (2013 on), and I have the 1.6 petrol engine model in mind. The ones online on the cheaper end tend to be the Icon trim, which would be fine with me, except that I'd like cruise control. I've seen on this forum that it may be possible to retrofit CC to these cars - I am wondering if someone who has done this can confirm that it is indeed possible. Or better find an Icon Plus trim level car?

Also, I am wondering about the fuel economy of these cars. Honest John's Real MPG claims it is better than the official figure, which I find a bit hard to believe. If anyone has some figures to share, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance!

You have a pretty long topic of people installing the CC, and saying if it works, or not. From what i remember, only some model engines do not work, and those were both dieseles.

I'd browse through the topic to see if anyone has the same year/engine you want to buy.

As for MPG, give some info about your commute, urban / rural etc.

With my 1.6, i can get around 48 mpg cruising on highway with ac on, and 60 mph, on rural roads with 50-ish limit around 45mpg, with 42 mpg in city, but this is all during summer.

During winters and on short trips it often shows around 35 mpg, longer trips around 42 mpg.

Seeing as your car would have same, but a bit newer engine, maybe you can get slightly better mpg.

I do tend to drive consistently, and i'm pretty satisfied with consumption. Even with a bit more aggressive driving, the mpg does not change much.

• Thanks 1

i can only speak regarding the 2013 Auris hybrid model and that retro fitting CC works perfectly

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, furtula said:

You have a pretty long topic of people installing the CC, and saying if it works, or not. From what i remember, only some model engines do not work, and those were both dieseles.

I'd browse through the topic to see if anyone has the same year/engine you want to buy.

As for MPG, give some info about your commute, urban / rural etc.

With my 1.6, i can get around 48 mpg cruising on highway with ac on, and 60 mph, on rural roads with 50-ish limit around 45mpg, with 42 mpg in city, but this is all during summer.

During winters and on short trips it often shows around 35 mpg, longer trips around 42 mpg.

Seeing as your car would have same, but a bit newer engine, maybe you can get slightly better mpg.

I do tend to drive consistently, and i'm pretty satisfied with consumption. Even with a bit more aggressive driving, the mpg does not change much.

Thanks for the info. I did browse through that topic, but it wasn't quite clear what referred to the Mk1 and Mk2 Auris models.

Also thanks for the MPG, I rarely drive in town but I do a lot of motorway and rural driving, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Mk1 is 2006-2012, Mk2 2012-2018 - the cars are different shapes 😛

I have owned 2x 1.6 manual auris tourers both icon spec.  Very under rated cars.  No problems mechanically and drive brilliantly (not as dull as people make out)!

Usually keep a car for 3yrs but have had current one since new for nearly 5yrs and planning to keep it as drives like new still (40k on it). Prefer driving it to our newer avensis and has much better mpg (although avensis has other advantages in terms of space, comfort and spec).  Do miss cruise control but not enough to retrofit it! 

Both mine were/are 2014 icon models one owned from new the other bought at 8months and sold at 2 yrs.  The one I've had since new drives so much better than the 2nd one we bought (and then sold).  MPG of one I still have is brilliant and brim to brim will beat the combined mpg figure quoted by Toyota on mixed rural/A road driving (don't do urban!).  In summer high 40s is easily achievable and on a run at 60mph will do 50+mpg easily enough - lower in winter obviously.  Other one that we sold never did better than about 40mpg on the same journeys. 

Would like satnav, cruise and better headlights (have had the replacement units fitted but not a lot better) but the best car I've ever owned without a doubt in terms of just going!  For info I know they are used as taxi's but leg room behind me (6ft) is virtually non existent and no where near as good as avensis.

will

you can retro fit the toyota sat nav ,i have done it on our MK2 hybrid auris icon 30 minutes work thats all

the retro fitting of CC was about 15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

2014 Auris TS Hybrid has from 4.5l/100km to 5.5/100km during these cold winter months🙂