Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oldgit newbee

Torquemana

My first ever Japanese car and it's done more miles than any car I've ever owned!

£300 Yaris with 4 new tires, 12 months MOT and 313,000 miles on the clock! The little engine seems tired, but that's to be expected. He gets me to work and back now that I've fitted a new Battery.

I'm hoping to nurse Yaro along until I decide I can afford something bigger. I make and fly RC gliders as a hobby and Yaro isn't really big enough, but for the winter, he'll do. I'll just make a glider that fits!

IMG_0481.JPG

I'll be looking for some parts, such as exhaust manifold and maybe headlamp. The other side one is not fogged.

Oh yeah. Torquemada has been my forum name on the vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk for more than 15 years. 😎

Edited by Torquemana
Added stuff innit.
  • Like 1

Welcome Peter to the club.You will find that there are many friendly members on here who are always happy to answer anything they can.

Not suggesting you do not know, but that sometimes toothpaste and elbow grease can work wonders on hazy light lens and an electric polisher used carefully helps the job to be easier

Del

• Like 1

Welcome To The Club Peter, Mark 1 Yaris 😍 still love the design especially the inside and she has done some miles but still going, Toyota for you 💪

Hello Peter - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

20 hours ago, crofter said:

Welcome Peter to the club.You will find that there are many friendly members on here who are always happy to answer anything they can.

Not suggesting you do not know, but that sometimes toothpaste and elbow grease can work wonders on hazy light lens and an electric polisher used carefully helps the job to be easier

Del

Yes, well there's an argument against that. ChrisFix on Youtube showed how to do it, but Scotty Kilmer on YT says that method is purely temporary as all it does is remove the discoloured coating. So it'll depend on how long I think I'm going to keep the car as to whether I have a go at the headlamp or not. Or if we get some nice weather. ;)

• Like 1

The slidey back seat is pretty cool, though it may actually get in the way of my gliders. I'll be checking it out more closely this weekend.

19 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hello Peter - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thanx

Wish they still did the sliding back seat, cool idea it was. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome in to the club, I look forward to reading about your project car 😄

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links