Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

no warning lights ever then 2 at once

kingron

My 2007 1.4D Yaris has never given my any trouble  - until today when both the yellow 'water in fuel filter'  and red 'trouble in charging circuit' lights came on. Seems to me 2 unrelated issues and has made me a little suspicious - especially as I opened the drain on the fuel filter which I thought would at least get rid of the yellow one, but they're both still on.

Could it be the ECU playing up or (hopefully) something simpler?

Any ideas would be appreciated

You have a Battery / alternator issue, the lights in combination are triggered by a low voltage situation 

Is the Battery the original?  If yes, get someone to check the voltage. 

Thanks for replies.

Checked Battery voltage -  12.3V with ignition off, and still 12.1V with engine running

I took the Battery off and charged it, it accepted the charge OK so I think the Battery is OK (not original, replaced a few years ago)  -so does indeed seem to be an alternator problem.

I'll take if off and check it.

Someone on Google suggested it could be a fuse - not the meaty 120A ones on the +ve battery terminal but a 10A 'Gauge fuse' I didn't know it had such a thing or what it does, doesn't appear in the fuse list in the box under the bonnet - does that sound right?

17 hours ago, kingron said:

Thanks for replies.

Checked battery voltage -  12.3V with ignition off, and still 12.1V with engine running

I took the battery off and charged it, it accepted the charge OK so I think the battery is OK (not original, replaced a few years ago)  -so does indeed seem to be an alternator problem.

I'll take if off and check it.

Someone on Google suggested it could be a fuse - not the meaty 120A ones on the +ve battery terminal but a 10A 'Gauge fuse' I didn't know it had such a thing or what it does, doesn't appear in the fuse list in the box under the bonnet - does that sound right?

Your Battery is FUBAR (A technical term :-)

Read https://tinyurl.com/y98rdr85    Voltage is too low.

Thanks folks. Rebuilt alternator fitted (supplied in less than 24 hrs from starter motor and alternator co. in Plymouth -  found on ebay) - both warning lights are out and Battery voltage back to a healthier 13.7V.

Just got to find that 14mm socket lost in the engine bay somewhere now!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links