Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unknown button on my Estima ACR40??

sidekick180

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all having a good start to the weekend?

I have a button, which is located below my steering wheel and I have absolutely no clue what it's for. It's a rocker type switch and at the side of the switch it says 'POWER HEAT'. Has anyone seen this switch on their car and if so, what does it do?

I have tried switching it on a couple of times, but as far as I can tell, nothing happens. I wondered whether I had heated seats without knowing it, or perhaps it's something to do with the heated windscreen, maybe it just boosts the fan heater hotter than normal. Any ideas anyone??

Many thanks

No idea, Chris....I have a rocker switch like that below my steering wheel too...but it switches on/off my gap sensors at the front of the vehicle.....I'm sure you'd find out if it heated your seats.!!..lol....and it's an odd place to put a "heat" switch of any kind..I have a switch that overrides the heater settings and sends everything to the screen..but that is on the middle panel with the rest of the heater controls...when switched off it returns to the previous settings automatically.

Hope you find out...let us know.

it's meant to allow cabin heating faster in cold temps than would be normal

Thanks for that. I will try it again when it gets really cold. I might turn the fan and heater off then switch it to see if it does anything. then I will turn the fan on and try it again. Sounds like I might have to just keep playing with it a few times until I can figure it out.

Google it - Toyota have a couple of different systems that have been fitted, don't know which type on the Estima.