Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Prius coming in March?

thud

I was contacted by my dealer today to tell me there is a new model Prius arriving in March and to ask if I want to have a test drive as I have had my mk4 for 3 years now. Anybody heard anything about a new model? I haven’t but I agreed to have a test drive when they get one in.

ill report back when it happens.

As the Gen4 is only 3+ years old, I wonder if this "new" model will be all electric?

Is it maybe this one?

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/2019-prius-revealed-at-los-angeles-motor-show?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

Just a mild facelift of the existing 4th generation.

The biggest change that I can see is the availability of a 4WD option.  I would have liked that (as long as they still offer a spare wheel - which may not be the case) but not enough to take the depreciation hit on my Gen 4.

Moving the heated seat switches to a more reachable location is also welcome but hardly earth shattering.

2 minutes ago, PeteB said:

The biggest change that I can see is the availability of a 4WD option.  I would have liked that (as long as they still offer a spare wheel - which may not be the case) but not enough to take the depreciation hit on my Gen 4.

Moving the heated seat switches to a more reachable location is also welcome but hardly earth shattering.

That would be lovely in (my) Prius+ too. Thats my main complain in Prius (and specially in Prius+ which just got high level switch for left and right seats

I think they done/fixed that in the new Prius

I think they have spoilt the look, I love my rear Z lights, not too keen on what they have done to the front either.  

Its lost some of its individuality 😕

• Like 3

Keep us appraised.

I guess no change to the boot space, or the daft opening of the central storage unit.

They have moved the heated seat controls to in front of the cup holders so that an improvement.

This is the facelift that was introduced in December in Japan. Seems a bit bland, though the original 4th gen's looks were probably too divisive.

22 hours ago, HSDish said:

Thanks for posting. Those images confirm that the facelift is a step backward in design. However, given the apparent popularity of the horrifically bland (and terrible) Hyundai Ioniq, Toyota probably think they'll sell a few more by getting rid of all the interesting angles. I hope this strategy fails, so the Gen5 can go back to looking properly challenging again!

As an aside, that article seems to be another illustration of the vast chasm between the motoring press - and its chronic obsession with driving rapidly for 'fun' - and what buyers are really interested in. Who in the world, outside a tiny group of journos with nothing better to do, actually cares whether you can entertain yourself by drifting a Prius on snow? 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links