Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"New" 2001 t22 D4D Avensis in Portugal

RockSolidHugo

Hello, nice people of the world!!

My name's Hugo, I'm a second generation Toyota lover and just acquired a very clean 2001 D4D Avensis Sedan.

Hoping you guys can help me out telling right's from wrong's with this car ;)

Greetings from Portugal!

20190104_202501.jpg

20190107_155828.jpg

It does look very nice and tidy!

Be sure to report to us how it's behaving. We have these 1st generation Avensis cars in our country suspiciously cheap, and pretty much all of them claim that even the A/C is working.

Maybe someone knows if there are any hidden issues with these?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys!!  
Plenty wrong with it so far... I'll start by saying that I bought this one, thinking on the  Carina E my parent's sold with 600 000 miles (yes, you read right)

Coming back to this one...  135 000kms/ 90 000miles , I overpaid due to it's condition but in the first miles, I got suspicious about how much noise the valves were making in the cold mornings.

Cutting it short :1- someone dented the sump with a jack and it was partially blocking the strainer.  

2- In the process of fitting a new sump, discovered a leaking coolant purge in the back of the engine

3- Front tyres were in good condition but vibrated a lot , had to be replaced
                         4- There's a gap between the plastic cover and the car's body, on the rhs of the car, right behind the front wheel and that allows sand and small stones to reach the accessories ribbed belt, making it squeak....

Oh well...so you understand my grief, I had to pay the equivalent to 4.5k GBP for a 2001 car and I'm not happy at all.  (Toyota values over here is slightly different from the UK or anywhere else in Europe)