Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius Gen 4 top rated.

kithmo

Good. I'd give mine 10/10 and 100% for reliability too.

It is impossible to overstate the feelgood factor of driving a truly reliable vehicle. Sadly, this never seems to feature in magazine reviews, where the glitz and glamour of a damped cupholder or a fake stitched-leather dash top are considered more relevant to judging a car's 'build quality' than whether it will actually run for a year without anything breaking. 

• Like 1

I go with 10/10 too. It’s 19 months now since I bought my first Toyota hybrid, a 2010 Auris. Loved it but really wanted a Prius so that came just 12 months ago with a gen3. Loved that so much that 6 months ago got a 2016 Gen4. This I rate as the best car I have had, and I have had a large number in my 54  years of driving. Just so relaxing to drive, very comfortable, at 74 mpg since I got it end of July I well happy. Insurance wasn’t a stinger neither. And I like the looks, certainly something different to the run of the mill harchbacks.

• Like 1

This is my first Prius and I love it to bits, but I can't agree on the build quality when looking at interior trim as I have numerous rattles and creaks that are starting to grate.  They have gotten worse in the cold weather and I have managed to get rid of one that was really bugging me, albeit rather crudely.  Build quality as in reliability, then yes 100%.

Everything else I love and it certainly won't be my last Prius, but I will not be getting a facelift as its lost a whole chunk of its characty, so it will be next Gen for me :thumbsup:

• Like 2

No rattles nor creaks in mine, Stephen. You must be a bit unfortunate, or is it me that’s been fortunate?

38 minutes ago, Catlover said:

No rattles nor creaks in mine, Stephen. You must be a bit unfortunate, or is it me that’s been fortunate?

You lucky guy.  Maybe when it warms up a bit I can have a look at isolating them, but as the moment its just too cold even in the garage.

Squeaks and rattles are always worse in the cold weather in my experience. Maybe the colder temps make the plastic less flexible or something?

Are you on 17" wheel Stephen?  That tends to increase the likelihood of squeaks and rattles from many comments by Gen 3 17" owners.

Joe and I both have 15" and no problems.

18 minutes ago, Duffryn said:

Squeaks and rattles are always worse in the cold weather in my experience. Maybe the colder temps make the plastic less flexible or something?

and maybe the metal bits contract and put some parts into closer contact.

[Concorde stretched by some 10" IIRC when cruising at Mach 2 due to friction with the air heating the fuselage]

Yes I am on 17 inch wheels, but I think its definitely the cold that has made them worse.

No squeaks or rattles on mine with 17" wheels, but then again I've only done 9K miles in it, in almost 3 years, so it's relatively new mileage wise. 

I've just clock over 9000 this week, coming up to 2 years old in March 😕

Weird driving home in the rain and hardly a peep out of anything, so I think atmosphere has a play in it as well as temperature.

Still doesn't stop me loving it though :thumbsup:

My PHV rattles and buzzes now. It didn't when I got it in September. It's not quite as bad as my Gen3 (which rattled just as much when it was on 15s as it did when it was on 17s) and it doesn't really bother me. It may even be something that I've put in one of the storage boxes - I'm just too lazy to empty everything to find out.

I also suspect that I am at least partially responsible as I regularly play bass-heavy tracks at excessive volume on the JBL stereo. If the bass is rattling my fillings, it's probably rattling the dash fixings loose as well!

• Haha 2