Just checked GOV.UK and it's showing a recall for my Yaris

"There's an outstanding manufacturer's safety recall onTOYOTA YARIS *****. The vehicle has been recalled since at least 25 January 2019"

Anyone know what it's for.  Forgot to ring the dealer today although the cars in for service next month.

• Like 1

Might be drivers airbag.I got the same.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Good advice! The gov.uk one is frequently wrong! (or generic instead of being vehicle/VIN specific)

I take back my last sentence! It would seem they've improved the search criteria since I last accessed it; which is a good thing.

I had an air bag recall on the gov site it was correct and I got a new air bag.

No recall outstanding on ours.  We had the airbag recall sorted last year.

Mick.

cant believe they havent stopped putting these faulty air bags in late 2016 cars when they knew about it ages ago as i had a recall on my 2011 honda jazz, its just costing them millions.

21 hours ago, monkeydave said:

cant believe they havent stopped putting these faulty air bags in late 2016 cars when they knew about it ages ago as i had a recall on my 2011 honda jazz, its just costing them millions.

The Takata recalls started back in 2013 and at that point all the manufacturers / regulators knew was that the issue affected older cars from around year 2000 onwards and that cars in hot humid countries where more likely to be affected nobody knew the cause. So whilst a cause, satisfactory fix was found, tested and approved by all the relevant regulators the manufacturers / regulators agreed the safest plan of action was to call back the oldest and most humid country cars straight away, all these cars had a new (but same as the original) inflator fitted making the cars as safe as possible until a suitable fix was found. Only in the last 12-18 months has an acceptable fix been found and approved. Now all the cars receiving the first replacement inflators are now being called back along with newer cars that have the potential to be affected so they can have the final fix inflators installed.

Just using Mk3 Yaris as an example the factory switched to the new airbag type from 03/2017 production we have already been replacing inflators in cars built pre 2015 and as people are seeing above have now included the last of the Mk3 Yaris built upto 03/2017.

The scope of this recall is immense ans still has the potential to expand further, see https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/takata-recall-spotlight which contains loads of useful info including an agreed timeline the UK along with most of Europe are Zone Medeteranian coutries are zone A and Nordic coutris are zone C, we have just entered phase 4/5 and phase 5/5 starts at the end of this year.

• Like 2

Contacted the dealer and they confirmed it's for the airbag.  As it's in for service in 2 weeks they're going to do it at service. 

Yes my daughters Yaris booked in next week, half an hour job apparently

• Like 1