Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 Avensis - replacing a tns510 satnav with aftermarket double din

Tomfish

It seems like this should be possible, but has anyone got any guidance for it? I'd like to fit a modern android double din stereo that can run android auto, dab radio, and can use the reversing camera. The current stereo looks like this one: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153302091909. The satnav is the worst I've ever used, so I end up using my phone propped up in the cupholder for most journeys.

The challenges to fitting a double din seem to be:

Size - the tns510 seems an odd size

Facia

Wiring harnesses

Steering wheel controls

Keeping the stock reversing camera somehow.

I've found most of the guides online that so similar with different stereo units, but many of them seem to make this appear complicated to do, and I've found none with the tns510 to double din. Can anyone who's done it put my mind at rest, or offer any guidance?

Hi Tom, welcome to TOC 🙂

Connects2 do a wide range of harnesses/steering wheel control adapters etc. available separately or as complete kits. Not sure if this kit will do your T27 but if it does probably an easy solution. http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTKTY12

• Like 1

I did a little hunting of my own and found a few things which Scott has already covered - 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Avensis-T27-Black-Fascia-Facia-Panel-Adapter-Double-Din-Frame-CT23TY12/400579169836?hash=item5d44610e2c:g:x5sAAOSwA3dYgKlP:rk:8:pf:0

The installation kit Scott linked to is for the T25, but with the exception of the facia plate, should fit the T27. The Auris kit - http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTKTY08 may be even better, because it has the aerial adapter you may need. Contact Connects2 and see if they can supply the Auris kit, exchanging the facia for the CT23TY12 Avensis 2009 - 2015 facia for the same price. A bit of shopping around may be needed.

• Like 1

Thanks both - that's already really helpful.

I've found this video too, which is a good guide to getting the radio out. It's in Turkish, but the pictures do enough talking. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

花冠(改按键)_01

i have this now al 3 years in my avensis  

and dab+   for the music  

from my friend Ali in china

and my old tns510 have a sold ,  en still no regrets to make the exchange

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, mekanieker said:

花冠(改按键)_01

i have this now al 3 years in my avensis  

and dab+   for the music  

from my friend Ali in china

and my old tns510 have a sold ,  en still no regrets to make the exchange

Hi . I purchased one of these android players and am having some difficulty with the wiring from the tns510 that is currently installed in my avensis. I have a reversing camera wired up to the tns510 and it's also wired up to work the bluetooth using the steering wheel. 

Is there a simple wiring loom I can buy to plug into the current wiring and then into my new android player. 

Any help would be very helpful and appreciated 

Regards Jason 

1 hour ago, Darcie Doodles said:

Hi . I purchased one of these android players and am having some difficulty with the wiring from the tns510 that is currently installed in my avensis. I have a reversing camera wired up to the tns510 and it's also wired up to work the Bluetooth using the steering wheel. 

Is there a simple wiring loom I can buy to plug into the current wiring and then into my new android player. 

Any help would be very helpful and appreciated 

Regards Jason  

1 hour ago, Darcie Doodles said:

Be careful, the original toyota camera works on 5 volts, i have added a separate power supply for it.

on ali express you can find all the cables. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mekanieker said:

Any idea what I need to be looking for and buying ? I'm a total novice and 

12 hours ago, Darcie Doodles said:

Any idea what I need to be looking for and buying ? I'm a total novice and 

in the search for an android radio, which is as good as possible plug and play, you have to search a bit, but once found, it is just plugging in the plugs and it works. only the reversing camera, you have to pay attention, if you want to keep the original camera. would not go according to some sellers,
because this is not plug and play. But as I have already said, it is only the 5 volts that you still have to make. And of course connect it correctly.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate all your help and support .  

By any chance do you know where online I might see a diagram highlighting all the connections on the back of the tns510 and what they are for 

Thanks 

39 minutes ago, Darcie Doodles said:

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate all your help and support .  

By any chance do you know where online I might see a diagram highlighting all the connections on the back of the tns510 and what they are for 

Thanks 

If you search tns510 on google and look at images you will find loads of info.

This was a picture of china which were the connections of the android radio,that I ordered.

image.thumb.jpeg.e71303748fe60de2adabb493e7c8a55b.jpeg